[spectre] program NETMAGE 05 festival - Bologna 27-29 January 05

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Fri Jan 7 14:18:59 CET 2005

See detailed program below

Xing   and   'Made and Played on --> TDK'
present
NETMAGE 05
creative and innovative images on art, media, communication
international festival
5th edition
Bologna, 27th-29th January 2005

>From the 27th to the 29th January 2005, during Arte Fiera, the city
>of Bologna will host the fifth edition of Netmage, an international
>festival aimed to explore media innovation within the context of
>electronic arts.

Netmage 05, focusing on multi-media design, live media acts (sound
and images played live) and cutting-edge styling, will work as a
meeting point for multi-media artists, vjs, musicians, performers
from all over Europe, USA, Russia, Canada, Australia and Venezela.

The festival, spread in different locations throughout the city
(Auditorium Teatro Manzoni, Cassero, Galleria Accursio), will include
an International Live Media Floor, electronic live-sets,
installations, a series of events featuring international guests
performing live electronic music along with an innovative use of
images, and a series of afternoon workshops dedicated to the
presentation of labels and projects.

Following on with its investigation, Netmage 05 will present some of
the latest trends in live media. Together with a rigorous research on
essential aspects of perception and the intersection of visual and
acoustic phenomena, this edition of the festival will introduce forms
of electronica with a leaning towards photographic and cinematic
fiction and - on the other hand - works committed to ethical aspects
and critical tension linked to the great themes of globalization.

INTERNATIONAL LIVE MEDIA FLOOR: Bas van Koolwijk/Christian Toonk
"RGB" (NL), Patrik Fontana/Emeric Aelters/Pierre Yves Fave "Grenze"
(F), Kristen_ /Mzweig "Lyder" (D), Greg Davis/Sébastien Roux/Mattia
Casalegno "Grain Scape" (USA-F-I), Phil Niblock/Thomas
Ankersmit/Giuseppe Ielasi (USA-NL-I), Vincent Epplay/Antoine Schmitt
"Display Pixel" (F), Anthony Pateras/Robin Fox (Australia),
[sic]/triPhaze "Organic Debris" (Can-D), Jan Jelinek/Karl Kliem
"Sound and image" (D).
MERIDIANA SPECIAL GUESTS: Pirandélo (Sinatti/Gabriele/Cosma) (I),
Monolake/Deadbeat "Atlantic Waves" (D-Can), Oren Ambarchi/Jon
Wozencroft (New Zealand-GB), Carlos Giffoni (Vnz-USA), Ateleia/Sadek
Bazaraa (USA), Pierpaolo Leo/Claudio Sinatti (I), Ellen Alien (D).
SPECIAL EVENTS and INSTALLATIONS: Staalplaat soundsystem "Yokomono"
(NL), Dmitry Gelfand /Evelina Domnitch "Camera Lucida" (Russia-USA).
WORKSHOPS: Staalplaat-Amsterdam, Antiopic - Usa, ~Scape-Berlin, Ogino
Knauss/AV recordings-Firenze.

Netmage festival was conceived and created by Xing, a cultural
network based in  Bologna and  Milan operating in Italy and abroad,
with the purpouse of planning, supporting and promoting products and
events characterized by an interdisciplinary approach toward the
issues of contemporary culture.

Netmage 05 is supported by: Comune di Bologna, Provincia di Bologna,
Regione Emilia-Romagna. In collaboration with: Circolo Arcigay Il
Cassero, Goethe-Institut Mailand, Ambasciata del Regno dei Paesi
Bassi, ArteFiera, Transmediale Club. Media partners: Zeroedizioni,
Parachute, Blow Up, Nero magazine, Città Del Capo - Radio
Metropolitana, Radio Città Fujiko. Equipments and styling: H-amb,
Immagini e suoni.

Venues:
Auditorium Teatro Manzoni, Via de' Monari 1/2
Cassero, Via Don Minzoni 18
Galleria Accursio, Piazza Nettuno

Tickets:
Daily Ticket:  7 euro
Galleria Accursio: free entrance

Netmage 05
office:
c/o Raum   Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d  Bologna   Italy
tel ++39.051.331099 info at netmage.it   info at xing.it    www.netmage.it
    www.xing.it
press:
coord  tel ++39.335.5727161    contact ++39.328.5794261  pressoff at xing.it

Xing   and   'Made and Played on --> TDK'
present
NETMAGE 05
creative and innovative images on art, media, communication
international festival
5th edition
Bologna, 27th-29th January 2005

PROGRAM

-Thursday 27 Jan    Auditorium Teatro Manzoni
Focus/Workshop  (H 15.00)
Staalplaat-Amsterdam/Berlin
Livemedia Floor  (H 22.00)
1) [sic]/triPhaze (Jen Morris/Marek Brandt): "Organic Debris" (Can-D)
2) Greg Davis/Sébastien Roux/Mattia Casalegno: "Grain Scape" (USA-F-I)
presented by [no.signal]
3) Vincent Epplay/Antoine Schmitt: "Display Pixel" (F-D)
Meridiana (H 24.00)
Oren Ambarchi/Jon Wozencroft (New Zealand-UK)
-Thursday 27 Jan   Cassero
Netmage-Night Cassero (H 24.30)
Staalplaat soundsystem: "Yokomono" (NL-D)
-Thursday 27 Jan   Galleria Accursio
Opening Installation (H 19.00)
Dmitry Gelfand/Evelina Domnitch: "Camera Lucida" (Russia-USA)

-Friday 28 Jan     Auditorium Teatro Manzoni
Focus/Workshop (H 15.00)
Antiopic-New York
Livemedia Floor  (H 22.00)
1) Patrik Fontana/Emeric Aelters/Pierre Yves Fave: "Grenze" (F)
2) Anthony Pateras/Robin Fox (Australia)
3) Phil Niblock/Thomas Ankersmit/Giuseppe Ielasi (USA-NL-I)
presented by [no.signal]
Meridiana (H 24.00)
Pirandèlo/Claudio Sinatti/Andrea Gabriele, Marita Cosma (I)
-Friday 28 Jan    Cassero
Netmage-Night Cassero (H 24.30)
Carlos Giffoni (USA)
Ateleia/Sadek Bazaraa (Antiopic-USA)
-Friday 28 Jan   Galleria Accursio
Installation (H 11.00-20.00)
Dmitry Gelfand/Evelina Domnitch: "Camera Lucida" (Russia-USA)

-Saturday 29  Jan    Auditorium Teatro Manzoni
Focus/Workshop (H 15.00)
~Scape-Berlin: "dvdsc01, v.a., din av 04/01/cn/86.03"
Ogino Knauss-Firenze: "^Vrec"
Livemedia Floor  (H 22.00)
7) Kristen_/Mzweig: "Lyder" (D)
8) Bas van Koolwijk/Christian Toonk: "RGB" (NL)
9) Jan Jelinek/Karl Kliem "Sound and Image" (D)
Meridiana (H 24.00)
Monolake/Deadbeat "Atlantic Waves" (D-Can)
-Saturday 29 Jan    Cassero
Netmage-Night Cassero (H 24.30)
Pierpaolo Leo/Claudio Sinatti (I)
Ellen Alien (D)
-Saturday 29 Jan    Galleria Accursio
Installation (H 11.00-20.00)
Dmitry Gelfand/Evelina Domnitch: "Camera Lucida" (Russia-USA)

Venues:
Auditorium Teatro Manzoni, Via de' Monari 1/2
Cassero, Via Don Minzoni 18
Galleria Accursio, Piazza Nettuno

Tickets:
Daily Ticket:  7 euro