[spectre] SCAN new exhibition Data Agency goes live 22.00 (GMT) 14/1/05

Helen Sloan helen at volcanic.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 02:32:59 CET 2005

Dear Spectre Group

Data Agency, SCAN's latest project and online exhibition will be live at
22.00 (GMT) 14/1/05 on http://www.scansite.org

We are also holding a launch event at Furtherfield's http gallery, London on
15/1/05 7 - 9pm, All welcome - details below.

Please visit and give feedback at info at scansite.org

With best wishes
Helen Sloan
Director
SCAN

Dear Friends and Colleagues

Data Agency, online exhibition launch at http gallery, London, 15 January at
7 - 9pm
Exhibition organised in association with Furtherfield 16 - 30 January, Open:
Friday - Sunday 12 - 5pm
Unit A2 Arena Design Centre 71 Ashfield Road London N4 1NY

2005 is set to be a busier year than ever in the SCAN calendar as we build
up our projects and initiatives in the field of emergent practice and
digital arts in the South of England.

On 15th January we are holding a launch to celebrate the first online
exhibition at http://www.scansite.org, Data Agency, looking at artists' use
of real-time tools such as webcams, streamed audio and generative programmes
in the production of online works. The works in this exhibition have been
selected to reflect an ongoing dialogue with the artists involved and
provide a taster for the rich body of work in the area. Projects by Susan
Collins, Igloo, Lorie Novak and Neil C Smith are featured in the exhibition
which goes live at 10pm (GMT) on 14th January.

A press release is available at:
http://www.http.uk.net/docs/exhibitions2.htm

Other SCAN dates for your diary:

19 Feb and 12 March, Ivan Pope, GPS for artists workshops (places still
available)
11 April Data Agency Exhibition and 9PIN showcase, Aspex Gallery
20 - 21 May, Close Proximity, Conference on production of work in the
commuter belt of London, New Greenham Arts
14 - 16 September, Wearable Futures, Conference on wearable technology and
hybrid culture, University of Wales (currently calling for papers - please
contact me if you would like further details)

Please check the SCAN website for further details of all projects or ask to
be placed on the SCAN mailing list if you would like to receive a printed
brochure.

I do hope you will be able to join us at the http gallery on 15th. Feel free
to forward this on to anyone who may be interested in SCAN's activities.

With best wishes
Helen Sloan
Director