[spectre] -another pearls - on any dreams of EU (a part of vote no) !

Aliette Guibert guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Sat Jun 4 02:37:38 CEST 2005

Sorry, there are other pearls (every chapter has a lot of pearls) same page
for example one more :

___________________
ARTICLE 11

Freedom of expression and information
ARTICLE II-71 of the Constitution
EXPLANATION

1. Article 11 1 corresponds to Article 10 of the European Convention on
Human Rights, which reads as follows:
"1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall
include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and
ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.
This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of
broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

=====> 2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties
and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions,
restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a
democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial
integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the
protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or
rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in
confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the
judiciary." <=======

(Fornunatly the competition... but never the human right of information
!!!!!!)===> Pursuant to Article 52(3) of the Charter 2, the meaning and
scope of this right are the same as those guaranteed by the ECHR. The
limitations which may be imposed on it may therefore not exceed those
provided for in Article 10(2) of the Convention, without prejudice to any
restrictions which competition law of the Union may impose on Member States'
right to introduce the licensing arrangements referred to in the third
sentence of Article 10(1) of the ECHR. !!!

2. Paragraph 2 of this Article spells out the consequences of paragraph 1
regarding freedom of the media. It is based in particular on Court of
Justice case law regarding television, particularly in case C-288/89
(judgment of 25 July 1991, Stichting Collectieve Antennevoorziening Gouda
and others [1991] ECR I-4007), and on the Protocol on the system of public
broadcasting in the Member States annexed to the EC Treaty and now to the
Constitution, and on Council Directive 89/552/EC (particularly its
seventeenth recital).