[spectre] Independent Exposure 2005 Call For Works

Stephanie Martz stephanie at microcinema.com
Sun May 1 17:24:31 CEST 2005

Independent Exposure 2005
No Forms/No Deadlines

Independent Exposure - An Ongoing Microcinema Screening Program of
International Short Films, Videos and Digital Works

Independent Exposure is based in San Francisco and Houston. The program,
held continuously since 1996, has presented the short film, video and
digital works of over 1300 artists from all over the world. Beyond the
San Francisco and Houston screenings, Independent Exposure also has been
presented hundreds of times in 43 countries plus Palestine and Antarctica.

2005 is the TENTH season of Independent Exposure, and we are looking for
works to include in our year-long celebration of ten years of
screenings. Works included will tour the globe via the International
Microcinema Network so submit your work now!

Independent Exposure - Call for Works and Distribution through
Exhibition Information

For our Independent Exposure compilation series we accept short video,
film and digital-media submissions of 15 minutes or less and are
currently looking for narrative, humorous, dramatic, animation,
documentary, experimental, alternative, avant-garde, music videos,
erotic, gay/lesbian, and underground works.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: NO DEADLINE/NO FORMS

Please submit a VHS (NTSC, PAL, or SECAM), mini-DV (NTSC only) or DVD
(NTSC/PAL) clearly labeled with name, title, length, phone-number and
email. There is now a US$5.00 entry fee PER FILM for United States and
Canadian artists. Due to high postage costs, we are waiving entry fees
to filmmakers from outside the US and Canada. Please include any
supporting materials including photos! (preferably in digital format).
Due to the large amount of entries, we are unable to return your
submission but we will get back to you regarding your submission(s).

Microcinema will contact you before including any entry at its monthly
Independent Exposure screening in San Francisco and/or Houston. All
artists will be paid an honorarium when their work is screened in the
San Francisco and Houston shows. Artists also will qualify for a non-
exclusive Microcinema Distribution through Exhibition Agreement for
subsequent international screenings and future DVD releases. Microcinema
pays its artists royalties for screenings, TV broadcast, VHS/DVD and
Internet sales.

Send submissions to:
**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A NEW ADDRESS**
Microcinema International