[spectre] TRACING UNDERCURRENTS: Sonic Routes Between

sven ml.sven at subscience.de
Fri Oct 14 10:55:33 CEST 2005

>well actually it is.
>If we don't practice a cultural boycott, aren't we just saying, it's
>(cultural) business as usual?  and that yes, Israel can present
>itself as a 'normal' and 'respectable' member of the international
>community (with an eclectic electronic music scene etc. just like
>everywhere else).
>
>Isn't a cultural boycott the very least we can do? A peaceful
>economic response that hurts Israeli pockets and pride...

what's your suggestion for artists "unfortunately" born in isreal?
to move away and take another citizenship to be allowed to get
international exposure?
are isrealian artists only allowed to make art if it's direct
political and critical reflection
on the isrealian state?
are they collectively guilty?
would you answer that question with "yes" ?

sven.