[spectre] (((NOMUSIC))) Festival X - 24h !

(NOMUSIC) nomusic at altern.org
Tue Dec 12 03:10:21 CET 2006

( ( ( N O M U S I C ) ) )  F E S T I V A L  X
http://www.nomusic.org - festival at nomusic.org

-< 48 Participants >-
-< 24h Continuous Audio Streaming Festival >-
-< Realtime Simultaneous Dual Live >-
-< Audio Live Performing only via Internet >-
-< Creative Commons Audio License - No Archivz >-
-< Stream Live Audio - Double/Split Channel >-

* Press release :
French version
http://nomusic.org/press/NOMUSIC.X.-.Revue.de.Presse.pdf
English version
http://nomusic.org/press/NOMUSIC.X.-.Press.Release.pdf

* Stream Start :
13th December 2006 (00h00 / 00:00am) [GMT+0 Greenwich Time]
Stream End :
13th December 2006 (23h59 / 11:59pm) [GMT+0 Greenwich Time]

* Playlist & Timeline :
http://www.nomusic.org

* With :
Tapegerm Collective / Martin John Callanan / Struktur / Simultaneous
Translation / Djet / Crashbonsai / Rod Stasick / Suzywan / DFM RTV INT /
Oima / Times Up - Tim Boykett / Jean Voguet / Cat Hope / Davidly /
Schmacke's world / Soundispatch / Jakob Riis / Soundart & the musicians /
Ieva / Flushing Device / Carl Stone / Neil Kaczor / AKM / James Wyness /
Robinsonhotel / El-g / GentleJunk co. / Sonic Kitchen / Nanofamas /
Aloardi / O.m.s. - n.m.a. / Jerome Joy / The RYBN / Bernhard Loibner /
Kaffe Matthews / Erik Minkkinen / Sun Plexus / Jon Eriksen / Arnfinn
Killingtveit / Chris F / Ra]va[ge / Androvirus / Julien Clauss / Cedric
Pigot / laboiteblanche / Carl.Y

* More infos  :
(((NOMUSIC))) started on June 2001, according to the principle that a
diffusion site on Internet should correspond to the representation of the
singular performances of a new generation of artists, musicians,
performers and other actors of the electronic scene. The creation of this
open diffusion site proved to be necessary because of today’s difficulty
to perform disembodied concerts of electronic music on stage, in a
classical frontal (actor/audience) representation space.
Nowadays, these emerging new multimedia performances allow everybody to
approach music in a more singular way, with a different listening practice
and on a more sharing scene.

Every year since 2001, (((NOMUSIC))) offers one or more festivals which
programming is geographically variable and which function is to relay in a
coordinated way a 24 hours earth revolution of no-musicians @ home. This
virtual earth revolution materializes a world wide sound cover of 24 time
zones according to the universal time [GMT 0]. This gives to participants
who are scattered all over the world the opportunity to take part in the
festival. The participation is free of charge and the recruitment is made
exclusively on Internet through diffusion lists. The selection is not made
according to practices and genres criterion but rather according to the
approaches and artistic positions which should echo the logic of the
festival.

(((NOMUSIC))) platform offers two types of live. In its classical form,
the participant plays alone at home for one hour. He can also play in
dual. Dual is a live in which two geographical sites are linked via
Internet and mixed together in stereo (participant 1 on the left channel
and participant 2 on the right one).

(((NOMUSIC))) wishes to generate improbable duals and gatherings between
two participants during one hour time in a web audio performance.
We make no storage because we think that Internet is a huge database which
conveys already a great amount of dead informations and we don’t want to
pollute it further. We are thus in favour of instant access to a selective
event. The mechanism of the programming is not automated; it is relayed
manually for 24 hours without any interruption by
laboiteblanche and Carl.Y., two real human routers who are at the service
of continuous audio stream and who endure technical difficulties and give
rapid formation on the technologies of streaming to all the
participants.

(((NOMUSIC))) stands between musical negation and anti-bruitism, in a
non-silent interstice of audio manifestation. It allows the
composer-performer to be his own auditor, in a place where nothing should
be heard but just felt as a new entity to observe.

Enjoy your flight with us !

laboiteblanche & Carl.Y