[spectre] NETMAGE 07 international festival Bologna/Ferrara Jan/Feb 07

XING info info at xing.it
Tue Dec 12 10:49:21 CET 2006

Xing presents

NETMAGE 07
creative and innovative images on art, media, communication
international festival - 7th edition

Bologna 25>27 January 2007
+  Ferrara 2 February 2007
Italy

From the 25th to the 27th January 2007 the city of Bologna, and on
2nd Febrary the city of Ferrara, will host the seventh edition of
Netmage, an international festival aimed to explore media innovation
within the context of electronic arts.

Netmage 07, focusing on multi-media design, live media acts (sound
and images played live) and cutting-edge styling, will work as a
meeting point for video-makers, multi-media and visual artists,
musicians, performers from Europe, South and North America,
Australia, Japan.

The festival, centered in Bologna in the old castle of Palazzo Re
Enzo, in Piazza Nettuno, will include an International Live-Media
Floor, installations, performances, environments and a series of
events featuring international guests performing live electronic
music along with an innovative use of images.

Following its ongoing investigation, Netmage 07 will present some of
the latest trends in live media. Together with research on essential
aspects of perception and the intersection of visual and acoustic
phenomena, the festival will introduce a very wide range of
approaches, from hybridization of acoustic and electro-acoustic, to
pop style and twisted synchretism.

Featuring: David Lynch (USA), Kjersti Sundland/Anne Bang Steinsvik
(N), Aki Onda/Oren Ambarchi/Alan Licht (USA/Australia/Jap), Charles
Atlas/Chris Peck (USA), Studio Brutus/Citrullo Int./Taxonomy (I),
Armin Linke/Carl Michael von Hausswolff (I/Sw), Carlos
Casas/Sebastian Escofet (E/Arg), Opificio Ciclope/Egle Sommacal (I),
Moira Ricci/Invernomuto (I), John Duncan/Leif Elggren (USA/Sw),
Roberto Mendoza (Mex), Kinkaleri (I), Emiliano Montanari/Enrico
Ghezzi (I) with cinematic short-circuits by Paul Virilio, Shuji
Ishikawa, Slavoj Zizek, Peter Sloterdijk, Asja Bettin, Kojin Karatani
and others.

Netmage festival was conceived and created by Xing, a cultural
network based in Bologna and Milan operating in Italy and abroad,
with the purpose of planning, supporting and promoting products and
events characterized by an interdisciplinary approach toward the
issues of contemporary culture.

Netmage 07 is supported by: Regione Emilia-Romagna, Comune di
Bologna, Comune di Ferrara, Comune di Ferrara-Unità Organizzativa
Manifestazioni Culturali, Gallerie d'Arte Moderna e Contemporanea di
Ferrara. In occasion of: ArteFiera. In collaboration with: Circolo
Arcigay Il Cassero, DF. Media partners: tema celeste, Edizioni Zero,
Mousse, Alias, Il Manifesto, Nero magazine, Blow Up. Equipment e
styling: H-amb, Eurovideo.

Netmage 07
venues:
Palazzo Re Enzo - Piazza Nettuno - Bologna
Porta degli Angeli - Rampari di Belfiore - Ferrara (to be confirmed)

office + info:
Xing  Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d - Bologna
tel ++39.051.331099 info at netmage.it
http://www.netmage.it     www.xing.it