[spectre] Job: Chair of Contemporary Media Arts & Imaging, University of Dundee, Scotland

Chris Byrne chris at crowriver.net
Sat Dec 23 21:38:53 CET 2006

Chair of Contemporary Media Arts & Imaging

School of Media Arts & Imaging

Alongside Fine Art and Design, Media Arts & Imaging forms the new
partnership of Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design – part
of a new University College structure, the College of Art & Design,
Architecture, Engineering & Physical Sciences. Our aspiration is to
lead and explore the interaction between artists and contemporary
media as a means of cultural expression – and we provide a broad
range of disciplines, teaching and research activity. The School is a
research-led unit cutting across art and design and offers BA (Hons)
pathways in Animation, Illustration, and Time Based Art, taught
Masters programmes in Animation & Visualisation, Electronic Imaging
as well as Doctorate research programmes. You’ll join us, then, at a
time of real change and challenge, something you’ll relish as much as
our students do, and you’ll contribute greatly to the development of
research in this School and others across DJCAD, the University and
with other Universities and agencies. So you must have experience
successfully mentoring doctoral students, and acting as first
supervisor, along with the skills to encourage others to undertake
higher studies. You must also be an established senior academic, with
a recognised research portfolio – and a number of outputs suitable
for the 2008 RAE and expected to achieve a grade 3/4. In return,
you’ll immediately become an important part of our academic community
– a community that was placed first in the UK for teaching quality in
2005, and was Scottish University of the Year 2004-2005.

Further details and an application pack are available from our
website www.jobs.dundee.ac.uk

Alternatively, contact Personnel Services, University of Dundee,
Dundee DD1 4HN, tel: (01382) 344817 (answering machine).

Please quote reference number: DJ/1595/.

Closing date: 9 February 2007.

The University of Dundee is committed to equal opportunities and
welcomes applications from all sections of the community.