[spectre] Notes for an Art School / BOOK LAUNCH

Oliver Grau oliver.grau at donau-uni.ac.at
Mon Feb 20 16:31:52 CET 2006

hi,

in fact, it should be him.

In his CV he writes that he was a curator of justdoit!
At least he still has it on HIS publication list ....
http://www.kubiss.de/kulturreferat/rasenstueck/presse/Kuratorenliste.pdf

oliver

>>> Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck at transmediale.de> 20.02.2006 13:04 >>>
hello,

is this the same florian waldvogel who stole other people's texts for
'his' justdoit!catalogue in linz last year without asking permission
and without crediting the authors? can we trust manifesta6 if we
cannot trust him?

-ab

>>From: "Hedwig Fijen" <HedwigFijen at manifesta.org>
>>Date: 16 February 2006 5:28:50 PM
>>To: <secretariat at manifesta.org>
>>Subject: Notes for an Art School / BOOK LAUNCH
>>  Notes for an Art School / BOOK LAUNCH
>>Manifesta 6 School
>>  Martin Beck / Boris Groys / Liam Gillick / Walid Raad / Martha
>>Rosler / Dexter Sinister and  Anton Vidokle will be present to
>>speak informally about the school and the publication.
>>  FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH / 7 - 9PM
>>495 Broadway 3d Floor, New York, NY 10012, Tel: 212 925 2035
>>  The  SWISS INSTITUTE - CONTEMPORARY ART (S I) is pleased to host
>>the launch for Notes for an Art School, the first publication of
>>Manifesta 6. Notes for an Art School  is an anthology of essays and
>>interviews by artists, curators, theorists and educators on the
>>topic of art education. Contributors are Mai Abu ElDahab, Babak
>>Afrassiabi, Julie Ault, Martin Beck, Liam Gillick, Boris Groys,
>>Olaf Metzel, Haris Pellapaisiotis, Tobias Rehberger, Walid Sadek,
>>Nasrin Tabatabai, Jan Verwoert, Anton Vidokle and Florian Waldvogel.
>>  The book lays the theoretical groundwork for Manifesta 6, the
>>European Biennial of Contmporary Art, for which the curators Mai
>>Abu ElDahab, Anton Vidokle and Florian Waldvogel propose to
>>challenge the conventional format of the large-scale exhibition
>>and, alternatively, set up an art school - the Manifesta 6 School -
>>in Nicosia, from September 23 - December 17, 2006.

(...)