[spectre] FW: Call - I'mPULSE Asia-Europe Music Camp May 2006

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Thu Jan 5 13:33:37 CET 2006

From: Vernetta Belarmino
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:05 PM
Subject: Call for Applications - I'mPULSE May 2006

Dear Colleagues,

Please find below the CALL FOR APPLICATIONS for I'mPULSE, Third
Asia-Europe Music Camp.
We are currently looking for DJs from Asia and Europe who would be
interested to participate in the exchange (see atched criteria and
application form).

This project is scheduled in Beijing, China on 14-21 May 2006 as a
part of the Dashanzi International Art Festival.

Feel free topass on this information to those who might be interested.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all.

Best,
Vanini

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS

I'mPULSE

Third Asia-Europe Music Camp

Beijing, China

14-21 May 2006

Background:

For the Third Asia-Europe Music Camp, I'mPULSE, digital music
technology will take centre stage as a medium for creative
performance and composition. This project is ASEF's initial attempt
to embark on the current/latest trends in music specifically focused
on DJs. Maintaining I'mPULSE's musical focus whilst keeping itself
abreast of the advancing digital music applications and practices,
ASEF will further establish and enhance the role it as a key player
in promoting process oriented exchange and dialogue amongst young
music practitioners.

This camp is envisioned to bring together 25 emerging DJs from Europe
and Asia to engage in a dialogue through comprehensive digital music
technology experimentation. DJs who are exploring varied ways of
mixing music will be given the opportunity to share their passion in
creating and recreating music.

The timing of I'mPULSE is set to coincide with the DIAF 2006  (2006
Beijing Dashanzi International Art Festival) on 14-21 May 2006.

If you are interested to participate, kindly look into the criteria
and submit your application and all requirements by 15 February 2006
to:

Ms. Vanini B. Belarmino
Cultural Exchange
Asia-Europe Foundation
31 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Singapore 119595

Only selected applicants will be notified.

Participants will be provided with return economy airfare,
twin-sharing accommodation and meals during the exchange programme.
Visa fees and travel insurance should be paid by the individuals
concerned.

For further information and to download the application form, visit
<http://www.asef.org/>http://www.asef.org or email<vanini at asef.org.

Criteria/Requirements for Young DJs

The candidate should be:

1) A national of an ASEM member country (Austria, Belgium,

Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,
Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy,
Japan, Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta,
Myanmar, The Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom, Vietnam)

2) Between 21-35 years of age;

3) Have firm knowledge of the art of DJing and prove experience DJing
in performance situations. Applicant must demonstrate the ability and
knowledge to present the state of DJing and the industry of their
country in an articulate and concise manner.

4) Submit a 10-minute minimum and 20 minute maximum CD/VCD/DVD sample
of their set with a track list. Video must be Quicktime video,
Windows Media Player or a MPG4 playable file.

5) Fluent and articulate in spoken English;

6) Open-minded, curious to learn about DJ practices in Asia and Europe;

7) Willing to share his/her own experiences and knowledge in DJ music;

8) Able to experiment and collaborate with another DJ;

9) Conduct public workshop/s, perform and record for I'mPULSE without
any fees involved;

10) Willing to authorise the organisers to replicate copies of the CD
recording from the concert performance for the music camp without
royalty costs. *

* Note: The Asia-Europe Foundation will be producing copies of the
concert recording in CD format for project documentation; evaluation;
future presentations; and promotion of the programme as well as of
the young participants.  The said material will have no commercial
value and will not be for sale.