[spectre] RE: International ArtExpo . Next Festivals

E D evdr at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:19:51 CET 2006

Dear Mr. Luca Curci.
As of principle, I do not pay to get my films screened.

I am very disappointed that you have presented me with a screening fee-bill
at the same time as you are informing me that a film of mine has been
accepted for screening at the River's Edge Film Festival. Your initial call
for submissions did not mention any entry fees.

In luring me into sending my films to you under the pretense that you do not
charge money for films that are submitted, you have made me spend money on
postage, the bubble envelope, and the DVD. In the e-mail confirming my
participation in the festival program, you demand payment of €50, allegedly
because “as you know we are an indipendent [sic] group". Whatever this is
supposed to mean.

I find it hard to perceive this other than a rip-off scams preying on
emerging artists. To put it bluntly, a situation of pure blackmail and
con-artistry designed to get people to pay-up silently because, after all,
they’re included in the screening. To use harsh words, this design is worthy
only of Readers Digest and internet scam artists.

And, by the way, your entry fee of €50 is more than twice the entry fee of
$20 that is originally charged by the River's Edge Film Festival. I have
checked.

Sincerely yours,
Eva Drangsholt