[spectre] program NETMAGE 06 festival - Bologna 26>28 January 06

XING info info at xing.it
Thu Jan 12 20:55:58 CET 2006

Xing presents

NETMAGE 06
creative and innovative images on art, media, communication
  international festival - 6th edition

26th-28th January 2006
Bologna, Palazzo Re Enzo

INTERNATIONAL LIVE MEDIA FLOOR
Cineplexx/aBe (Arg/E), Ministry of Defiance (Uk), Katherine
Liberovskaya/o.blaat (Can/USA),
Molair/Avatam (F), Boris Debackere/Brecht Debackere (B/NL)
LIVE MEDIA SPECIAL EVENTS
Carsten Nicolai (D),
Arto Lindsay/Dominque Gonzalez-Foerster (USA/Br/F) - Ipanema Théories,
@c/Lia (P/A), Pierpaolo Leo/Claudio Sinatti (I),
Sinistri++/ Simionato e Donnachie (Thisisamagazine) (I/Australia) -
The Single Unit of Beauty
  Andrea Dojmi/Port-Royal (I) - Education and protection of our children #2
NETMAGE/CASSERO CLUB
Electric Indigo (A), Lee Van Dowski (CH), Remute (A)
INSTALLATIONS
Carola Spadoni/Zu (I) - Live Through This, Simone Tosca (I) -  Ear,
Arto Lindsay (USA/Br) - Garden of Self Regard,
Nico Vascellari/With Love (I) - A Great Circle #6
PERFORMANCE
Kurt Hentschlager  (A/USA) - Feed (Performative Environment),
ZimmerFrei (I) - Study for a Portrait
FORUM
Italian Festivals: LiveMedia meeting 2006,
Multi-Image projection. Dall'utopia effimera dell'età d'oro del
commitment Olivetti al Live-Media
LAUNCH
Qubogas (F) - Baover tit cd/rom

>From the 26th to the 28th January 2006, during Arte Fiera, the city
>of Bologna will host the sixth edition of Netmage, an international
>festival curated by Xing, aimed to explore media innovation within
>the context of electronic arts.

Netmage 06, focusing on multi-media design, live media acts (sound
and images played live) and cutting-edge styling, will work as a
meeting point for multi-media artists, vjs, musicians, and performers
from Europe, South and North America, Australia.

The festival, centered in the old castle of Palazzo Re Enzo, in
Piazza Nettuno, will include an International Live-Media Floor,
installations, performances, environments, a series of events
featuring international guests performing live electronic music along
with an innovative use of images, as well as forums.

Following its ongoing investigation, Netmage 06 will present some of
the latest trends in live media. Together with research on essential
aspects of perception and the intersection of visual and acoustic
phenomena, the new edition of the festival will introduce a very wide
range of approaches and styles, from hybridization of acoustic and
electro-acoustic to neo-punk and twisted synchretism.

Netmage 06 features:  Carsten Nicolai (D), Kurt Hentschlager (A/USA),
Andrea Dojmi/Port-Royal (I), Arto Lindsay/Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster
(USA/Br/F), Nico Vascellari/With Love (I), Simone Tosca (I), Carola
Spadoni/Zu (I),  Cineplexx/aBe (Alex Beltran, Sebastiàn Litmanovich)
(Arg/E), Ministry of Defiance (David Handford) (Uk), Katherine
Liberovskaya & o.blaat (Keiko Uenishi) (Can/Usa), Boris
Debackere/Brecht Debackere  (B/NL), Molair (Laurent Bernonville,
Thierry Mbaye)/Avatam (Cédric Alet) (F), Sinistri++/Andy Simionato
and Karen Ann Donnachie (Thisisamagazine) (I/Australia), ZimmerFrei
(I), @c/Lia (P/A) ), Claudio Sinatti/Pier Paolo Leo (I), Remute (D),
Lee Van Dowsky (CH), Electric Indigo (A), Qubogas (F) .

Netmage festival was conceived and created by Xing, a cultural
network based in Bologna and Milan operating in Italy and abroad,
with the purpose of planning, supporting and promoting products and
events characterized by an interdisciplinary approach toward the
issues of contemporary culture. Artistic directors: Daniele
Gasparinetti, Andrea Lissoni.

Netmage 06 is supported by: Energie, Comune di Bologna, Regione
Emilia-Romagna. In collaboration with: Circolo Arcigay Il Cassero,
ArteFiera, Viabizzuno  Ambasciata del Regno dei Paesi Bassi,
Ambasciata del Canada. Media partners: Domus, tema celeste, Rolling
Stone, Edizioni Zero, Alias, Il Manifesto, Nero magazine, Blow Up,
Mouvement, TK-teknemedia.net, Vetriolo.com, Digicult.it, Città Del
Capo - Radio Metropolitana, Radio Città Fujiko. Equipment e styling:
H-amb, Eurovideo. Car Sharing: Caratc.

Netmage 06
venue:
Palazzo Re Enzo  Piazza Nettuno  Bologna
office:
c/o Xing  Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d   Bologna
info:  +39.051.331099 info at netmage.it
press:   pressoff at xing.it
www.netmage.it     www.xing.it

Program

Thu  26 Jan
OPENING Festival.
H 18.00
Energie Floor.
H 19.00
Nico Vascellari/With Love (I)
A Great Circle #6 - Happening
Live Media Floor.
H 22.30
-Katherine Liberovskaya & o.blaat (Keiko Uenishi) (Can/Usa)
-Molair (Laurent Bernonville, Thierry Mbaye)/Avatam (Cédric Alet) (F)
Live Media Floor special prod.
H 23.30
-Sinistri++/Andy Simionato e Karen Ann Donnachie (Thisisamagazine) (I/Austr)
The Single Unit of Beauty. A Morality Horror Tale in Four Acts with live music
Netmage/Cassero Club.
H 01.00
-Electric Indigo (A) - Dj-set

Fri  27 Jan
Forum - Energie Floor.
H 16.00
-Italian Festivals: LiveMedia meeting 2006
Con: Audiovisiva (Milano), Dance Marathon (Milano), Dissonanze
(Roma), Elettrowave (Arezzo),
Netmage (Bologna), Sintesi (Napoli), Vjcentral.it
Launch.
H 18.00
-Qubogas (F) presenta:
Baover tit  - cd rom/coproduction Netmage 2003
Live Media Floor.
H 22.30
-Cineplexx/aBe (Alex Beltran, Sebastiàn Litmanovich) (Arg/E)
-Ministry of Defiance (David Handford) (Uk)
Live Media Floor special prod.
H 23.30
-Andrea Dojmi/Port-Royal (I)
Education and protection of our children #2   -  Live media
Live Media Guest.
H 24.30
Arto Lindsay/Dominque Gonzalez-Foerster (USA/Br/F)
Ipanema Théories

Sat  28 Jan
Forum - Energie Floor.
H 16.00
-Domus forum
Multi-Image projection. Dall'utopia effimera dell'età d'oro del
commitment Olivetti al Live-Media.
Live Media Floor.
H 22.30
- at c/Lia (P/A)
-Boris Debackere/Brecht Debackere (B/NL)
Live Media Floor special prod.
H 23.30
-Pierpaolo Leo/Claudio Sinatti (I) - Live-set
Live Media Guest.
-Carsten Nicolai (D) - Live-set
Netmage/Cassero Club.
H 01.00
-Lee Van Dowski (CH) Num Records  - Dj-set
-Remute (D) Areal Rec./Trapez  - Live-set

+
Performance.*                                                      *
Limited seating.  Reservations required
Thu 26, Fri 27, Sat 28 Jan H 18.00 - H 19.30 - H 21.00
Sala A.
-Kurt Hentschlager (A/USA) Feed (Performative Environment)

+
Installations and Performative Environments.
opening  Thu 26 Jan H 18.00 - Fri 27 + Sat 28 Jan from H 15.00
Sala B.
-Carola Spadoni/Zu (I) Live Through This
Sala C.
-Simone Tosca (I) Ear
Sala E.
-ZimmerFrei (I) Study for a Portrait
Energie  floor.
-Arto Lindsay (USA/Br) Garden of Self Regard
Energie  floor.
-Nico Vascellari/With Love (I) A Great Circle #6

Please excuse any doubling up of e-mails