[spectre] Call for Participation: Version>06 (Chicago) (Modified by Geert Lovink)

Edmar ed at lumpen.com
Mon Jan 30 08:40:17 CET 2006

Call for Participation // Projects // Presentations // Provocations
  Version>06 :: Parallel Cities
  April 20- May 6, 2006 Chicago U$A

  DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: FEB 28, 2005

  Version is a hybrid festival focused on emerging discourses and
practices evolving between art, technology and social and political
activism. Version examines the activities of local configurations and
external networks that use visual and conceptual art strategies,
innovative social practices, creative uses of new technologies,
organizing strategies, emerging activist/artist initiatives, campaigns,
public interventions and DIY projects.

  During this annual convergence we engage in a dialogue about the
possible futures ahead that may interdict or provide alternatives to
current social, cultural and political trajectories. Version>06 is our
fifth convergence and is dedicated to the theme of Parallel Cities. We
will investigate and share local strategies and models to inspire
action within local and global counter cartographies.

  We will convene in Chicago for a seventeen day open laboratory to
explore a diversity of tactics and strategies to activate our
communities and amplify our ideas and practices. Alternative spaces
will be open for staging actions. Public spaces and corporate places
will be terrains of intervention.

  Version presents a very diverse program of activities featuring an
experimental art exposition, artistic disturbances, exhibitions,
networked urban events, screenings, interactive applications,
performances, street art, presentations, talks, workshops, art
rendez-vous, parties, and action.

  By bringing together a convergence of allied cultural and social
forces and practices we hope that Version can help establish new
methodologies and networks of cooperation. Representatives from other
cities are invited to present their local counter cartographies as we
reveal our own. We want to share your everyday micro actions as well as
conceptual and practical projects and activities that can help us to
transform personal and shared environments. We want to examine and
showcase projects that can be duplicated in our urban environments. We
want to hear stories of victories, large and small in making a
difference in the various communities that we inhabit. We want to wage
the culture war with fresh tactics and renewed energy.

  Please visit www.versionfest.org for more information or go to
adoptanamerican.com/version06 to use the online submission form.

  Alternatively you may mail your proposals to:
  Version>06
  960 W 31st St
  Chicago Il 60608
  USA

  contact ed(at)lumpen.com for help.

  //

--
  If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, this link