[spectre] Duchamp's web.

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 8 22:51:54 CEST 2006

more artworld-nonsense... artwork as embodied meaning
depends on a network of art administrators and critics to
disseminate meaning... it's a rigid system that positions
art as philosophical game, leaving the critic-philosopher in
the central role. much better like this:
http://www.bbrace.net/projections.html

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Saul Ostrow wrote:

> If we think about art as an information based system
> rather than a category of objects much of this discourse
> concerning what art is goes away - the question then
> becomes what kinds of information (and knowledge) does art
> traffic in both in the specific (the art work) and in the
> general as a cultural organ

===)