[spectre] Re: spectre] Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Wed Jul 19 07:14:14 CEST 2006

at the risk of being accused of all kind of things - the most harmless
ones being taking sides pro isreal or against the lebanese population -
i do feel i have to say this

From: Louise Desrenards
> ATTENTION: considering the precedence of the shots of Hezbollah to
> Haifa,
[...]
> Lebanese civilians have been under the constant attack of the state of
> Israel for several days. The State of Israel, in disregard to
> international
> law and the Geneva Convention, is launching a maritime and air siege
> targeting the entire population of the country. Innocent civilians are
> being
> collectively punished in Lebanon by the state of Israel in deliberate
> acts
> of terrorism as described in Article 33 of the Geneva Convention.

the predictability and easy with which west european intellectualism is
capable to separate good from evil, and the absolute infallibility with
which it is identifies victim and perpetrator never ceases to amaze me.

true, hezbollah will never stop firing rockets at isreali villages and
schools using the civilian population of neighboring sovereign
countries as hostage and human shield because of some online petition.
but if you're so much against war as such, a petition that identifies
both hezbollah's and isreal's actions as the cause of the war would at
least pretend to cover up any alternative political agenda's that those
who drafted the petition might have had.

rene