[spectre] Reminder: Piksel06 - CALL for PARTICIPATION

hex220 at bek.no hex220 at bek.no
Tue Jul 25 23:22:46 CEST 2006

================================

-- Piksel06 - festival
-- october 12-15 2006

-- Piksel06 - exhibition
-- october 13-27 2006

-- call for participation
-- deadline august 1. 2006

================================

Piksel[1] is an annual event for artists and developers working with free and
open source audiovisual software. Part workshop, part festival, it is
organised in Bergen, Norway, by the Bergen Centre for Electronic Arts (BEK)
[2] and involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging
ideas, coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops,
performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free and open
source software.

This years event - Piksel06 – continues the exploration of audiovisual code
and it's myriad of expressions, but also brings in open hardware as a new
focus area.
At Piksel06 we will expand the exhibition part and build upon the open
hardware theme, which represents a potential for a new paradigm shift of
vital importance for independent artistic expression in the digital domain.

Piksel06 is done in collaboration with HKS art centre[3] which will be the
main location for this years events. Piksel is organised by BEK and a
community of core participants including members of collectives dyne.org,
goto10.org, sustainablesource.net, hackitectura.net, riereta.net, drone.ws,
gephex.org and others.

================================

open CALL for PARTICIPATION

The previous Piksel events has primarily focused on live art/audiovisual
performance and interactive installations, but for Piksel06 we also introduce
open hardware and hardware hacking as new themes.
For the exhibition and other parts of the program we are interested in
submissions in the following categories:

1. Installations
Projects related to the open hardware theme including but not restricted to:
circuit bending, reverse engineering, repurposing, modding and DIY
electronics preferably programmed by and running on free and open source
software.

2. Audiovisual performance
Live art realised by the use of free and open source software. We specially
encourage live coding and DIY hardware projects to apply.

3. Software/Hardware
Innovative DIY hardware and audiovisual software tools or software art
released under an open licence.

Please send documentation material - preferably as a URL to online
documentation with images/video to piksel06 at bek.no
Deadline - august 1. 2006

Please use the online submit form at:
http://www.piksel.no/piksel06/subform.html

Alternatively use this form for submitting

================================

1. Project name.
2. Email adr.
3. Project URL
4. Name of artist(s).
5. Short bio/CV
6. Category
7. Short statement about the work(s)
8. List of software used in the creation/presentation of the work(s)

================================

Or send by snailmail to:

BEK
att: Gisle Froysland
C. Sundtsgt. 55
5004 Bergen
Norway

More info: http://www.piksel.no/piksel06

piksel06 is produced in cooperation with Kunsthoegskolen in Bergen dep The
Academy of Fine Arts, Hordaland Kunstsenter. Supported by  Bergen Kommune,
Norsk Kulturfond, BergArt and Vestnorsk Filmfond.

links:

[1] http://www.piksel.no
[2] http://www.bek.no
[3] http://www.kunstsenter.no