[spectre] Aliens Am Alex: "Apocalypso: The Cosmic War Dance of Sun Ra’s Army of Athropoidal Transistors"

Diana McCarty diana at bootlab.org
Sat Jul 29 15:54:38 CEST 2006

Aliens Am Alex:
radio.territories urban intervention,
TV Tower, Alexanderplatz, Berlin
On Air 95,2 FM or livestream:
http://radioeinszueins.de
30.07.06 16:00 - 18:00

Apocalypso: The Cosmic War Dance of  Sun Ra's Army
of Athropodial Transistors.

Peter Dennett, (UK), Darius James (USA/DE), Karl Heinz Jeron (DE)

When the composer and mystic, Sun Ra, returned to his native Saturn on
May 30th, 1993, he left behind a vast and varied body of recorded
musical works.  Up until now, much of this music has been unavailable
to the public.  But, through a series of séances conducted in the
studios of Radio 1:1, Mister Re informed us that on Sunday, July 30th,
2006, between the hours of 4-6 pm, he will be returning to this planet
in astral form with a special message for the people of earth. And he
will not be alone.  He will be accompanied by his army of Athroploidal
Transistors:

"We are going to invade Berlin!!!" he chuckled, "This is declaration
of war!  Kreig, baby! Our first target is the TV Tower in Alexanderplatz!
My weapons?!! Two full hours of sonic assault—or acoustical magic--taken
from my vast library of unreleased recordings.  I and my Transistors will
dance the cosmic dance.  The cosmic WAR dance.  It's the Apocalypso!

   --A direct spirit communication from Sun Ra on Saturn

Peter Dennett, Art Yard (UK) is sound artist based in London.
Darius James (USA/DE) is a writer and radio maker in Berlin.
Karl Heinz Jeron (DE) is an artist and programmer in Berlin.

Radio Vehicles:
The working environment of the radio vehicles is the urban public
space. Radio vehicles is an ephemeral urban intervention aiming to
usurp urban space artistically. Twenty vehicles created from the
simplest and most affordable technical equipment will be let free into
the wild. The swarm moves awkwardly while emitting sound into the
public space.
http://khjeron.de/

liveStream/podcast:
http://radioeinszueins.de/

Host:
http://radia.fm/territories/
http://bootlab.org/

Proudly presented by the bootlab association in cooperation with radio 1:1
as part of the radio.territories series of urban interventions across Europe.
Radio.Territories is supported by the European Union Culture 2000 Programme.