[Fwd: Re: [spectre] Artists Lick Curators Ass at Higher Institute For Fine Arts!]

Murphy murphy at thing.net
Sun Mar 26 23:31:47 CEST 2006

On Mar 26, 2006, at 5:09 AM, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> Vomiting in an exhibition, licking the curators ass, fun? It seems to
> be clear what he saying, but must he say it in this way?

I like this guy's work. If THE THING had any money I'd bring him to New
York for a THING.residency to do some kind of intervention. God knows
the constipated new media art world could use a good intervention.

The ass-licking video seems to have been edited since I first saw it
and is better for it.  He's totally within the current art discourse
that deals with the work of Paul McCarthy and Andrea Fraser, something
new media curators don't seem to be able to deal with because, well,
they seem to think they can be art curators without addressing current
art discourse.

Robbin Murphy
THE THING, Inc.