[spectre] 24updates - WTF 7.1

bruder bruder at p-pack.de
Mon Jul 2 03:24:45 CEST 2007

Dear Peers and Collaborators,

We'd like everyone who has shown an interest in 24weeks to date to check
out the 24weeks blog at http://www.24weeks.com. This is our new web
presence which together with our new wiki replaces our old site and also
facebook, collectivex and the rest.

We welcome any comments you might write, especially on the Interact
page. This means that new people turning up can see that there are other
people involved:

* One of the biggest turn-offs we have found when visiting a site, is
seeing that there are very few other people involved; it's like getting
to a party too early...

* Therefore if people who have already shown an interest put down their
comments, it creates a better vibe around the site

We are in the process of arranging an
http://www.openspaceworld.org/cgi/wiki.cgi?AboutOpenSpace Open Space
event on

[_Saturday 21st July_]

called

*WTF 7.1*

It will be an opportunity for some of the most open-minded, creative and
innovative people in London including social entrepreneurs and  cultural
creatives to network. A very early release of the Espra platform shall
be used to co-ordinate the event, and participants will be invited to
use it for the following months, feeding back and designing a system
they want to help them achieve the things they need to do in all areas
of their life.

If you are really interested, get involved in the wiki, create a user
account on it and write down your intentions:

* We need people to help with the actual event, music, technical
assistance, greeting people etc.

* We need people to help prepare for the event, wrt funding, networking,
getting the word out etc.

* We need people to determine the overall theme of the open space event,
whether it is about social justice; climate change; Africa; the 24
concepts; education; collaboration; the play ethic; making London the
greenest, most sustainable, enjoyable and creative city in the world, or
whatever else you may care about with a passion - because it's not just
our event, it's yours as well.

Don't expect to understand the project all at once, as it is a complex
and multi-faceted thing.  The trick is to take part, focus on the things
you care about, contribute as you can, and make lots of connections with
lots of interesting people. Think of Wikipedia and how people have
collaborated to make it what it is today. 24weeks is like that, but in
the real world not on the web.  We can't expect to know what the final
result is... it would be as inconceivable as having the entire content
of Wikipedia in your head!

All we can do is invite you to take part. If you like any of the ideas,
then we'd love to hear why you are interested, and our firm belief is
that your insight and skills are essential for making 24weeks not just
work, but turning it into a serious game that everybody wins and
benefits from.

Let's get it on and don't forget to get up for the downstroke ;-)

cheers

the 24weeks crew