[spectre] Kitchen Budapest

czegledy at interlog.com czegledy at interlog.com
Wed Jul 4 14:42:21 CEST 2007

Hello All,

in the time honoured tradition of Spectre reports,
I would like to post on two recent events. First on
the June 20th opening of Kitchen Budapest
http://www.kitchenbudapest.hu/en

Kitchen is located on a short lane, nearby
centrally located  Raday street,  a lively
pedestrian street  lined with shops, restaurants and bars.
A large crowd gathered for the Wednesday evening
opening, where installations of  the Musical Kitchen,
where on view  as well as food and non alcoholic
liquid refreshments were offered  -  further details available
on the website.

Quoting from the press coverage:

Kitchen Budapest is a new media lab for young researchers
who are interested in the convergence of mobile communication,
online communities and urban space and are passionate about
creating experimental projects in cross-disciplinary teams.

We open kitchen by presenting our lab and the first 20 researchers
who have been selected after a two round competition in Hungary.
The visitors can try some new projects we did in our first 3 weeks
of existence, like CityScout, LED Figs Facade, Multi touch wall,
Musical Kitchen, Rotary Cell Phone, and Celebrity visualization.

Bluespot, a pilot project looking into large scale many to many,
place to place communication will be also launched here. Bluespot
extends the functionality of our mobile phones by giving the opportunity
to connect people ? both those we know and those we do not ? who are at
the right place, at the right time.

The Kitchen in Budapest is worth your visit - in person or online

nina