[spectre] Nederland contacts needed.

Jayce Salloum salloum at rrrr.net
Thu Jul 12 21:58:49 CEST 2007

Please let Irwin know at:
irwin_oostindie at yahoo.com,
if you¹ve any contacts there that may be interested,
thanks,
Jayce
--
Hi Jayce!
Following up on our conversation... I will be in Nederland as of Friday for

I will be in Amsterdam and Nederland July 13 to Aug 30, plus very brief 4
day visits each to Brussels Aug 2-6 and Prague Aug 20-24.

Given you and i have done so much work in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside, i
am seeking contacts with inner-city arts centres. I am really seeking arts
sites that have managed to integrate some of the following: new media,
contemporary arts, outsider arts, poverty, mental illness, addiction (all
similar to the Vancouver projects i am helping direct.)

Additionally, for September to November 2007, I am curating The Work of
Migration that looks at migration, racism and trauma, so also very
interested in artists tackling such human impacts.

In late August i will do surveillance/low-light video work following the
route my father took in 1944 to live underground in Drenthe.

I risk writing a proposal here, so i best stop. I've patched some links
below from my CV for backgrounder.

best,
x Irwin Oostindie

current curatorial/cultural planning work
Gallery Gachet (Executive Director)
http://www.gachet.org
Fearless: Downtown Eastside Arts & Issues (Co-Founder)
http://www.fearlessmag.org
Centre for Creative Technology & Community Arts (Co-Founder) 9,400 sq ft
opens in 2009
www.creativetechnology.org

recent photo-based exhibitions:
Axis to Grind: Inside North Korea
http://archive.cbcradio3.com/issues/2004_01_09/main.cfm?page=08
http://www.capcollege.bc.ca/programs/studio-art/gallery/Gallery_Past_Shows/I
rwin_Oostindie.html
 http://www.cankor.ca/issues/152.htm#six (review)
Whey-ah-Wichen: Facing the Wind
http://www.wakeupwithcoop.org/Feb7th-05p5.mp3 (interview)

festival projects:
Under the Volcano Festival of Art & Social Change
http://volcano.resist.ca (Founder)
Kootenay Moving Pictures Film Festival
http://student.vfs.com/~movepic/nelson.htm (CoFounder)
Mayworks