[spectre] gray) (area . Korcula . Croatia presents pro.ba . Sarajevo

darko fritz fritz.d at chello.nl
Tue Jul 31 15:45:13 CEST 2007

gray) (area

space of contemporary and media art . Korcula . Croatia

presents . pro.ba . Sarajevo
a selection of video post.production by pro.ba . Sarajevo selected by
Dunja Blazevic

Enes Zlatar: Thailand
Mum 'n' Dad

. 31 . 07 - 06 . 08 . 2007
. opening . Tuesday 31st . 20.30 h

pro.ba is the multimedia production of the Sarajevo Center for
Contemporary Art - SCCA. pro.ba produces original work in new media,
encourages students and others to realize their own projects using
digital technology, and provides assistance to artists in creating
works in new media. pro.ba offers equipment that enables work and
experimentation in video, Internet, multimedia, sound and 2-D and 3-D
graphics and animation.
pro.ba is open weekdays from 10am to 6pm.
  Apart from its non-commercial projects, pro.ba has a commercial
video, audio, web and graphic production. In order to accumulate
funds for artistic and educational projects, pro.ba ventures into
commercial production.

http://www.pro.ba

)( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )
( )( )( )( )( )( )(

Enes Zlatar: Thailand
2001, 9.40, dv, color
Asistent rezije: Timur Makarevic
The authors did not travel to Thailand, they just made documentary
about Thailand.
Enes Zlatar is coordinator for new media at the Center for
Contemporary Arts Sarajevo, multimedia lab pro.ba.
Filmography- 24 hours with Bure, 1993
- 4saved the Amazon, serija kratkih filmova, 1993
- Video magazin, 1994
- Stinky Spider, 1998
- Only god, 1999
- Telepathy, 1999
http://www.pro.ba/01_video_produkcija/e_video_produkcija/
e_2001_tajland.php

--------

Mum 'n' Dad
Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2006, colour, 35 mm, 65 min.

Cast:Zagorka Borota, Vjekoslav Ramljak, Sabina Bambur
Producers:Amra Bakšić Čamo, Faruk Lončarević
Executive Production:Amra Bakšić Čamo, Adnan Ćuhara, Amela
Ćuhara, Ognjen Džinić
Costume Designer:Lejla Graho
Set Designer:Osman Arslanagić
Grafički dizajn:Enes Huseinčehajić
Sound Design and Music:Igor Čamo
Editor:Faruk Lončarević
Director of Photography:Almir Đikoli
Screenplay:Faruk Lončarević
Director:Faruk Lončarević
Production Company:SCCA/pro.ba in collaboration with PRIME TIME

SYNOPSIS:
The year is two thousand and something. An elderly couple live alone
in a flat in Sarajevo, with their own rituals: drinking coffee,
playing cards, watching TV. The husband (Dad) has had a stroke and
although he is still physically strong, he has difficulties in
communication. The wife (Mum) is a lively elderly lady who is, after
50 years, now using the husbands disability to change the things
around in this old-fashioned, patriarchal family. Dad must not allow
that and he opposes it in the only way he can, with physical force.

DIRECTOR’S BIOGRAPHY:
Faruk Lončarević was born in 1975. He graduated from the film and TV
directing department of the Academy of Performing Arts in Sarajevo in
2000. He has worked in theatre, on TV and film. He has made several
shorts, and his first feature film is "JUDGMENT DAY – PREVIEW”,
documentary about tsunami in Southeast Asia.

FILMOGRAPHY:
2006 - Mama i tata
2006 - JUDGMENT DAY – PREVIEW, documentary
2001 - Pauza za kafu, short
1999 - Lice, short
DIRECTOR’S STATEMENT:
This film is a story of an elderly couple – the husband suffers a
stroke, and the wife uses that to pay him back for fifty years of
life of deceit, stubbornness, violence and everything else that
happens ’behind closed doors’. This need to show their intimacy
dictated the form, i.e. the reality-show style, as notoriously
voyeuristic, the last cry of the magic box – television, which has
become the altar of a new religion. Our heroes are closed inside the
box, they cannot get out, but unlike what we normally see in such
programs, they are not young, pretty, ambitious and ready for any
kind of romantic adventure. They are, in fact, real people, our
parents, our grandparents, maybe even we ourselves, people whose
foundations are slipping, and without such foundations all that we
have always taken for granted, the kindness, morality and love of our
lives crumble down, and all that is left hatred, violence and
instincts. I want to trap viewers with the box as the bait, and then,
just for a short while, offer them something different from what the
box normally gives them.

http://pro.ba/mama_i_tata/index.php?lang=en

gray) (area is located 10 meters by the sea in the basement of The
Memorial Collection of Maksimilijan Vanka [http://www.hazu.hr/ENG/
MemColl_M_Vanka.html] . Put sv. Nikole 7 . Korcula

open daily 19. 30 - 21.30 h or by appointment

gray) (area is an initiative by Darko Fritz . darko at darkofritz.net .
tel +385 [0] 91.5800193