[spectre] The Takeaway Festival Open Exhibition 2007

EAF Director director at eaf.asn.au
Fri Mar 9 03:25:06 CET 2007

The Takeaway Festival Open Exhibition 2007

The Second Takeaway Festival is here!

The three day extravaganza of talks, workshops, performances and
exhibitions returns for the 2nd time to the Dana Centre in London.
The silent revolution goes on! Technology continues to quietly
transform creative possibilities, social structures, communication
networks and business opportunities. This time the festival is
seeking more participation from undergraduates from degree courses
across the country to showcase their work in the Dana Centre's
exhibition spaces.

What are we looking for?

This is open to all 2nd and 3rd year undergraduates of Digital Media,
Digital Arts and Fine Art (with digital media),at UK colleges and
those artists who graduated in 2006. Students on other sorts of
course using digital media may also be eligible. Student group
projects are also acceptable.

The Takeaway Festival tries to identify the changing interfaces
between technology and practice. It celebrates a D-I-Y praxis that is
infusing the creative landscape and challenging the status quo of top
down software and proprietary licensing.
We want to put on an exhibition of student work that is ground
breaking and original, that finds interesting solutions for old
problems and that demonstrates new relationships between technology
and other media.
If this describes your work, please make a submission as soon as you can.

The submission process:

deadline & application

The deadline for the submitting your work to the takeaway festival
exhibition 2007 is

WEDNESDAY 30 MARCH 2007.

*NB Please consider the following condition BEFORE making your submission
Each student whose work is selected for the exhibition will be
responsible for the following:
1) Transport of their work to London for the GET-IN (Tuesday May
8that the Dana Centre) - please bear in mind all associated costs
e.g. congestion charge and parking, Removal of their work during
GET-OUT (Friday May 11th pm)

2) Set up of their work in the exhibition space in accordance with
the plan specification details submitted with the work. This
specification must include a plan showing dimensions and space
required
(Please Note: It is not possible to use fixings in any of the walls
or ceilings in the Dana centre.)

3) Invigilation of the exhibition space and attendance at the
exhibition for the three days May 9th, 10th and 11th

SUBMISSION OF YOUR WORK

Please follow all these instructions very closely because without
this, it may not be possible to consider your work for the exhibition

Selection process: Work for the Takeaway Festival Exhibition will be
selected as follows:

Stage 1 Students submit
2 digital photographs of the work, these should be jpeg format at
300dpi a detailed scaled (metric dimensions) drawing showing a plan
of the proposed exhibition space, this should be jpeg format at 300dpi

a specification of all equipment used
a list of requirements eg internet access, 240v AC Power
a CV including contact details
a completed online application form
optional: link to digital video footage of the work on a website

You need to submit your work in the following way:

Upload all the required items using the submission link
TAKEAWAY EXPO contribution

http://www.takeawayfestival.com

Please note: It is not possible for the Takeaway Festival to respond
to emails. Submit the information in the relevant boxes on the online
application form. All applicants will receive notification of the
result in mid April 2007. The Takeaway Festival/Dana Centre cannot
enter into any discussion with applicants as a result of the
selection.

Conditions

Copyright
By submitting your work to the Takeaway Festival/Dana Centre, you
have agreed to allow both the Takeaway Festival and the Dana Centre
to use any of the submitted material in connection with all its
communications either in print or on the internet.
The Takeaway Festival is a non profit making organization. Our only
interest is in promoting and exploring the D-I-Y philosophy in
relation to media, design and technology.
Insurance. Equipment used as part of your exhibition is covered by
the terms by the Dana Centre, for the period of the exhibition. Once
your participation is confirmed, further details of the equipment
will be required.
We hope you understand the reason for the submission conditions and
are very much looking forward to receiving your application.

A SILENT REVOLUTION IS TAKING PLACE
More and more people are transforming themselves from media consumers
to producers - using the new tools, software and technologies now at
their disposal. From the expanding realm of free and open source
software (FLOSS), to peer-to-peer (P2P) distribution and 'pervasive'
mobile and locative technologies, the possibilities exist as never
before to create and disseminate our opinions and experiences through
our own media. TAKEAWAY, the Festival of do it yourself Media, will
help you to understand what it's all about and how to take part in
the revolution.</x-flowed>
--
EXPERIMENTAL ART FOUNDATION
Director: Melentie Pandilovski

Lion Arts Centre North Terrace at Morphett Street Adelaide * PO Box
8091 Station Arcade South Australia 5000 * Tel: +618 8211 7505  * Fax
+618 8211 7323 * eaf at eaf.asn.au  * Bookshop: eafbooks at eaf.asn.au *
http://www.eaf.asn.au