[spectre] ACM Multimedia 2007 | CALL FOR EXHIBITION ENTRIES AND PAPERS

V2_ press at v2.nl
Mon May 14 16:01:33 CEST 2007

ACM Multimedia 2007
Interactive Art Program
23-29 September, Augsburg, Germany
http://iap07.multimedia.fh-augsburg.de/

CALL FOR EXHIBITION ENTRIES AND PAPERS

ACM Multimedia 2007 is the premier annual multimedia conference,
covering all aspects of multimedia computing. The ACM MM Interactive Art
Program seeks to bring together the arts and multimedia communities to
create the stage to explore, discuss, and push the limits for the
advancement of both multimedia technology through the arts, and the arts
through multimedia technology.

This fourth version of the Interactive Art Program will consist of a
conference track and an art exhibition. We invite artists working with
digital media and researchers in technical areas to submit their
original contributions to the following tracks:
¥ Conference track: we solicit papers describing interactive multimedia
artworks, tools, applications, and technical approaches for creative
uses of multimedia content and technology as well as technical
approaches for the management of art-related media collections. Emphasis
will be given to novel works that use a rich variety of media and those
that are interactive, particularly works that exploit non-conventional
human-computer interfaces or sensors in new and emerging areas. We
strongly encourage papers with a strong technical content written by
artists. Papers may be long (10 pages) or short (2 to 4 pages). Long
papers are presented in front of an audience and short papers are
presented in poster format. New Deadline for full papers to the Arts
Program Conference Track May 22, 2007
Deadline for short papers to the Arts Program Conference Track June 1, 2007

¥ Multimedia art exhibition: "I / You / Other". We seek artworks that
use multimedia to explore issues of self-exploration, self-presentation
towards another, the self in a group or the group as a self. We
particularly seek interactive multimedia works that by combining
multiple media, technologies, and novel technical ideas, realize strong
artistic concepts that give a new perspective on the topic of the
exhibition.

New Deadline for submission to the Art Exhibition: May 22, 2007

For further submission details please see
http://iap07.multimedia.fh-augsburg.de/

Accepted papers and art works will be published in the ACM Multimedia
Conference proceedings.
Important Dates
May 22, 2007      Long papers and art exhibitions submission deadline.
June 1, 2007       Short papers submission deadline.
June 20, 2007     Authors notification.     July 20, 2007
Camera-ready papers due.

Program Chairs
Alejandro Jaimes, IDIAP Research Institute , Switzerland
(Alex.Jaimes at idiap.ch)
Frank Nack, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
(frank.nack at liris.cnrs.fr)
Thomas Rist, FH Augsburg, Germany (tr at rz.fh-augsburg.de)

Curatorial Committee Annet Decker, Montevideo, Amsterdam
Anne Nigten, V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam
Prof. Robert Rose, time based media, Faculty of Design, Augsburg
University of Applied Sciences, Augsburg