[spectre] Call: Dédale , Cité internationale universitaire de Paris

Festival Emergences smartcity at festival-emergences.info
Sat Jun 7 18:18:05 CEST 2008

Newsletter | Smart City | June 2008

SMARTCITY | NEW URBAN STAKES, NEW ARTISTIC PRACTICES

SmartCity is an artistic project of research and
production on the theme of the European city of
the future. It aims at exploring the new
possibilities of artistic intervention in the
urban space.
At the forefront of new practices, SmartCity
invites artists, architects, designers,
researchers, engineers and groups of citizens to
operate on a rereading of urban space. The
project offers a vision of a balanced and
sustainable city, centred around the citizen.

SmartCity is an European program of meetings,
production and experimental workshops, production
of artists' projects in the urban space and
events: monumental audiovisual installations,
performances, locative art, sound design,
ephemeral or interactive architectures, projects
involving inhabitants, urban game art,
installations in the shops, etc.

The call for projects SmartCity 2008 is already
closed. You were many to send us your
propositions and we thank you for it. The
selection is in progress. The answers will be
communicated in the course of July.
Within the framework of our permanent day and
activities 2009, you can thus continue to send us
your propositions.

Besides, Dedale appeals to specific projects in
partnership with the
<http://www.ciup.fr/cite_culture.htm>Cité
internationale universitaire de Paris /
<http://www.ciup.fr/cite_culture.htm>CitéCulture<http://www.ciup.fr/cite_culture.htm>.

CALL FOR PROPOSALS - DEDALE / CITE INTERNATIONALE UNIVERSITAIRE DE PARIS

In the frame of the SmartCity project, Dedale and
the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris
jointly invite artists to realise an art project
on the Cité territory.

Objectives :
>  To propose to a wide public a second reading of
>urban space and territorial issues, working on
>the modification of territory perception.
>  To present projects directly connected with the
>inhabitants daily, their practices and urban
>environment, based on territorial
>characteristics (architectural, social,
>historical and geographical).

:: Art fields concerned ::
Visual arts, live art, architecture, sound and interactive design.

:: Action territory > the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris ::
The Cité internationale is located on a wooded
park of 34 hectares in the south of the French
capital and represents the largest concentration
of residence halls in Paris and the Ile-de-France
region: 5 500 beds in 37 residences.
The residents - students, researchers, artists,
etc. - come from more than 130 nationalities.
From its creation, these has contributed to make
the Cité a space of encounters and cultural
exchanges. The strong artistic activity of the
Cité enables to enhance this intercultural mix.
Identified as a laboratory of architectural
innovation from its first building phase around
1925 and during the second wave in the 60's, the
Cité has to face the challenge of a new urban
planning today.
The Cité site presents many various communication
axes, having for effect to produce several
nuisances. The most important is the south ring
road, made up of 5 lanes. There is also the RER
line, the David-Weill avenue, an aqueduct
underground line, etc. The harmonisation of the
site and the regulation of the generated
pollutions are right now the main priority for
the Cité.
Further information on
<http://www.ciup.fr/cite_culture.htm>www.ciup.fr/cite_culture.htm

:: Thematic ::
In the south park, the ring road cuts the Cité
in! to two parts: Paris part and Gentilly
district part. For the moment, the only way to
join the two sides by foot is limited by two
narrow footbridges. Around the main topic of the
ring road integration, artists are invited to
shape new connexions between the Cité
internationale and Gentilly.

:: Nature of the researched projects ::
- Monumental audiovisual installations
- Strolling projects and artistic tours, connexions between residence hall
- Installations / ephemeral and interactive architectures
- Art project involving nature
- Sound design of public spaces, infrastructures, buildings
- Art projects involving the residents of the
Cité and the inhabitants of the Gentilly city
- Urban game art
- Locative art
- Projects using mobile technologies, interactivity and ICT
- Projects connected with urban pollutions:
sound, visual, atmospheric, electromagnetic
pollutions

:: A minimum 10 000 ¤ will be given to the project ::

:: Deadline for project submission:: 30 July 2008

:: How to apply ::
You need to send by post :
- a project presentation and a production budget
- an artist biography
- CD-ROM or DVD for illustrating your project

At the following address:
Dedale
23, rue Olivier Métra
75020 Paris
France

:: Presentation of the call to projects' carriers ::

Dedale :
Dédale is a platform of search, production and
distribution(dedicated to the art and to the new
media in Europe. It organizes, particularly since
2002, the Emergences festival, an international
meeting of the new artistic forms and the new
technologies in Paris (meetings, shows,
installations, electronic musics).
<http://www.festival-emergences.info>http://www.festival-emergences.info

CitéCulture / Cité internationale
CitéCulture is the cultural center of the Cité
Internationale. It intervenes mainly in the
domains of music, architecture and visual arts.
Centred on the artistic experiment and the
exchange between the cultures, CitéCulture
welcomes foreign artists, manages working spaces,
makes students and Parisians discover the
contemporary creation and sensibilize them to
architecture and urbanism.
<http://www.ciup.fr/cite_culture.htm>http://www.ciup.fr/cite_culture.htm

:: More information ::

<http://www.festival-emergences.info/old/_objets/newsletters/site-160.pdf>Map
and pictures of the Cité Internationale de Paris
(format pdf, 628 ko)

Copyrights
1 - © CIUP
2 - © CIUP / P. Sachy

Conformément à la loi Informatique et Liberté du
12 avril 1978, vous avez un droit d'accès à vos
données, de modification et de suppression. Si
vous ne voulez plus recevoir cette newsletter,
vous pouvez cliquer
<http://www.festival-emergences.info/old/index.php?pg=newsletter_desabonnement&p1=2255>ici