[spectre] Call for Artists in tech

julie freeman julie at lubric.com
Tue Jun 10 23:58:09 CEST 2008

Vital Regeneration is a dynamic and innovative, regeneration charity.
Our vision is for individuals and communities to have equal
expectations and opportunities in life. Our FreqOUT! project  is a
unique emergent arts youth initiative set up to explore the artistic
and educational potential of emergent technologies to engage young
people, communities and artists in opportunities for creativity and
learning.

FreqOUT! are currently in consultation with a leading scientist from
Cranfield University and communities in Westminster with the ultimate
aim of improving understanding of how improved diet, lifestyle can
reduce cancer incidences; with a view to raising health awareness in
those areas of most need. FreqOUT! is looking for an artist to
collaborate with for an application to the Wellcome Trust.

We are looking for an artist working with emergent/wireless/mobile/
gaming technologies to lead on the artistic vision of the project.
The artist must have a track record of working with either;
communities, young people or disadvantaged groups and a proven
interest in exploring issues of sociological importance.

For more information please contact Project Manager Jenny Irish on
020 7245 2263 or email jirish at cwh.org.uk with a covering letter, CV
and 5 jpegs of previous work.

Deadline for expressions of interest 18.6.08

http://www.vitalregeneration.org/freqout
http://www.freqout.blogspot.com