[spectre] Call for Artists: HMC Artists in Residence, 2009

beata szechy bszechy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:48:52 CEST 2009

Call for Artists: HMC Artists in Residence, 2009

The A.I.R./International Artist Residencies,
Budapest-2009 program is dedicated to promoting
international art and the understanding of world
cultures, through high quality art exhibitions,
cultural exchanges and related educational
programs.  AIR, Budapest is an international
meeting point for the arts.  Its aim is to
support and encourage contemporary artistic
creation, research and debate.  The purpose of
this program is to offer a platform to promote
the exchange of artistic discourses from artists
with different artistic backgrounds and from
different geographical origins.  The program is
designed to encourage the exchange of ideas in
order to broaden creative horizons.  By
encouraging this cultural diversity, we also hope
to be able to update the debate between the
artists themselves and between other
professionals from the art world and the general
public.  HMC considers art as a dynamic social
force that is capable of inspiring individuality
and of defining groups.  Our Artist in Residence
Program also includes exhibitions, artist talks,
film, workshops and other activities.

The residencies offer participants a unique
opportunity to interact with other artists
representing a variety of cultures and
backgrounds.

Tuesday, September 22 - Tuesday, October 6
Deadline (must be received) by June 26.
Cost $850 (Euro 620)
Monday, December 28 - Monday, January 11
Deadline (must be received) by September 6.
Cost $950 (Euro 700)

Our Art-Video and Residencies program and
application form for 2010 will be available end
of August.

While HMC does not provide funding for
residencies, we are helping to facilitate the
creation of program and the cost of the
exhibitions.   We encourage the applicants to
apply for a grant or scholarship.

The Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc.® (HMC),
501(c)(3) non-profit organization, invites
interested visual artists, writers and musicians
to submit application for its residency program
in Budapest, Hungary.

Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc.
1124 Budapest, Tamasi Aron u. 34.
2503 Costa Mesa Dr., Dallas, TX 75228