[spectre] Fwd: CIANT LAB 2009 Arts Research Residencies

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Thu Mar 12 10:45:40 CET 2009

From: Pavel Sedlak | CIANT <<mailto:sedlak at ciant.cz>sedlak at ciant.cz>
Date: 2009/3/10
Subject: CIANT LAB 2009 Arts Research Residencies

With greetings from Prague we would like to announce this call for
residents at CIANT LAB PRAGUE.

Feel free to circulate the call towards your colleagues and friends.

Many thanks in advance for your kind collaboration,

Pavel Sedlak
CIANT

---

CIANT LAB 2009 Arts Research Residencies

Media artists from the Czech Republic and beyond, are invited to
apply for a three-month arts research residency at CIANT LAB in
Prague, Czech Republic, between April to end of 2009. The deadline
for applications is Friday the 3rd of April 2009.

Artists are offered a media laboratory space, a payment of 1000 EUR
per month and access to lab equipment and technical support. The
emphasis for this residency is on collaborative research and
development in the field of networked/distributed performance.
Presently, two positions are on offer: A. Area of 3D modeling (3ds
MAX), avatar creation and integration with motion capture systems
driven virtual environments, B. Area of interactive sound creation
(max/MSP, PD, etc.).

CIANT | International Centre for Art and New Technologies
(<http://www.ciant.cz/>http://www.ciant.cz) is a non-profit
art/science organization with an artist residency, commissions,
research, production, promotion, and training programs. CIANT has
worked with over 400 artists in the last couple of years supporting
interdisciplinary practice, mobility and exchange. CIANT LAB engages
with artists and researchers to produce work that challenges use and
impact of emerging technologies in arts, culture and society.

Selection criteria: The ability to research, interpret and present
innovative ideas. Experience in the field of networked/distributed
performance. Experience in public presentation of completed work and
its proper documentation. Experience of working on fixed term
residencies with deadlines.

To apply please provide the following:

- Project description, Artist Statement and CV
- Supporting materials/documentation of previous work.

Please send your application to: CIANT (Attn: Pavel Sedlak,
Vice-Director), Kubelikova 27, 13000 Prague, Czech Republic.
Applications via email will be accepted but must have the Subject:
"CIANT LAB 2009 Residency Application". For more information about
this opportunity and application process please email
<http://sedlak@ciant.cz/>sedlak at ciant.cz.

DEADLINE: Friday 3rd of April 2009, 11 PM CET. Selection will take
place before the end of March, all applicants will be notified
shortly after that.

Equal Opportunities

CIANT seeks to ensure that no present or potential member of our
staff or project participants will be treated less favorably than
another on the grounds of age (up to statutory retirement age),
class, colour, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status,
political persuasion or sexual orientation. CIANT LAB premises have
limited access. However, we aim to ensure that as many of our
activities are as accessible as possible. If you have any particular
access needs, please contact us.

Association registered in the Czech Republic No. 69061998.

---

Join us also at:
<http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53347391050&ref=ts>http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53347391050&ref=ts

RECENT NEWS ABOUT CIANT

CIANT will run a conference session at SCIENCE BEYOND FICTION: THE
EUROPEAN FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES CONFERENCE
(<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/fet/2009/>http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/fet/2009/)
on Wednesday, April 22, 2-3.30 PM, with accepted title "Bridging the
Gap between Brain and Machine: New Challenge for Art and Science". We
will discuss state-of-the-art and future of BMI (brain-machine
interface) technology.
<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/fet/2009/documents/programme.pdf>http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/fet/2009/documents/programme.pdf

Featured current research and co-production projects:

1. GAMA - Gateway to Archives of Media Art
<http://www.gama-gateway.eu/>http://www.gama-gateway.eu/

2. CASPAR - Cultural, Artistic and Scientific Knowledge for
Preservation, Access and Retrieval
<http://www.casparpreserves.eu/>http://www.casparpreserves.eu/

3. CO-ME-DI-A - Cooperation and Mediation in Digital Arts
<http://www.comedia.eu.org/>http://www.comedia.eu.org