[spectre] Art Spotlights at Futuresonic 2009

Drew Hemment drew at futureeverything.org
Thu May 7 23:12:25 CEST 2009

Futuresonic 2009
Art Spotlights

Urban Festival of Art, Music and Ideas
13-16 May  Manchester UK
http://www.futuresonic.com/art

Futuresonic's 2009 art programme is more ambitious and relevant than
ever, featuring thirty international artists and ten world premiers.

Art Spotlights

Reading The Report
Amy Balkin (US)

City Centre. 14-16 May
Join volunteer readers in the first attempted public recital of the
most recent report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
(IPCC). Sign up for a 20 minute public reading slot on the artist
website.
http://www.futuresonic.com/balkin

Reds Against Greys Pt II
Elin Wikstrom (SE)

Manchester Art Gallery. 16 May 1.15pm-4pm
A conceptual art event combining performance art, a special film
screening, inspirational talks on plant/animal migration, and the
match players from Wigan and District Wheelchair Tag Rugby Club.
http://www.futuresonic.com/Wikstrom

Environment 2.0 exhibition at CUBE
Various Artists

CUBE. 13-23 May
Includes artworks that make visible and tangible outcomes of our
actions at a local level, artworks conceived as social interventions,
and artworks which arise out of a sustained engagement and dialogue
between artists and scientists.
http://www.futuresonic.com/env20exhibition

Urban Prospecting
Jon Cohrs (US)

City Centre. 14-16 May
Start at CUBE and head out across the city to prospect for oil using
an art device with Jon Cohrs. Sign up online for Thursday, Friday or
Saturday prospecting sessions.
http://www.futuresonic.com/cohrs

100 Years Of Climate Change
Yara El-Sherbini / Drew Hemment (UK)

City Centre. Date dependent on weather
Taking you on a night-time journey to experience 100 years of climate
change in 100m. Date announced 10th May and confirmed 24 hours in
advance, sign up online to take part.
http://www.futuresonic.com/100yearsofclimatechange

Ackroyd & Harvey in conversation with James Marriott
Ackroyd & Harvey / James Marriott (UK)

Castlefield Gallery. 14 May 6pm-8pm
Radical German artist Joseph Beuys and his 7000 Oaks artwork form the
basis for this exchange between artists Ackroyd & Harvey and James
Marriott of PLATFORM.
http://www.futuresonic.com/ackroyd-harvey-marriott

Imagine
Cleo Evans (UK)

Liverpool Cathdral. 16 May 12pm, 12.30pm, 1pm
Following on from Liverpool's Capital of Culture year, John Lennon's
Imagine will ring out across Liverpool on the world's highest and
heaviest peal of bells at Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral.

CUBE Late Opening

CUBE. Fri 15 May Till 10pm
A late gallery opening also featuring live performances by Owl
Project (UK) and performances and talks by Yamaha and Royal College
of Art (UK).

Art Tours at CUBE

Futuresonic has invited external curators and the artists themselves
to give tours of the exhibition.
CUBE. 14-16 May 2pm, 6pm

The Festival

World premiers of astonishing artworks, an explosive city-wide music
programme, and visionary thinkers from around the world.

13-16 May, Manchester UK
http://www.futuresonic.com

The Delegate Pass is the gateway to the Futuresonic festival and the
Social Technologies Summit. Dont miss out!
http://www.futuresonic.com/delegates

All Art events and exhibitions are free.

In 2010 Futuresonic will return as FutureEverything

#futr09