[spectre] Become a Reviewer on Furtherfield.org

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Oct 5 17:15:15 CEST 2009

Sorry for any cross posting...

Become a Reviewer on Furtherfield.org
++++++++++++++++++++++++

www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield receives regular submissions inviting us to feature and
review artworks and projects from artists and art groups from all over
the world. We have an excellent team of reviewers working with us. Yet,
because we are receiving more innovative and high quality artworks for
review than we ever have before, it is not easy keeping up with the
workload. So, we need more reviewers.

What would you be reviewing?

Media art, net art, open source art and projects, software art, D.I.Y
groups, culture and related social networks, live networked art, live
Internet tv, tactical media, art blogs, net films, media art connected-
self institutions, psychogeography, hacktivism, video game culture,
activist games, as well as publictions/books, events, exhibitions online
and in physical space, and related conferences. You will be expected to
receive suggestions for review, as well as choose your own projects of
interest.

We welcome contributions from all kinds of writers - and are always
interested in bi-lingual reviewers who are able to introduce/translate
work by non-English-speaking cultures. We also want reviewers who are
writing about 'media art and ecology' and the contemporary ideas and
work coming out of this vibrant and relevant practice. Also, we want you
to share your ideas with us in presenting and supporting a diverse
movement that we value.

If like us, you are passionately and critically engaged in investigating
and being part of the constant shifts and reinvention of this ever
changing and dynamic - fluid and creative practice, you will be with
good company. And as you would expect, there is no money in this but you
will be part of a team who believes in what they are doing.

If you are interested in becoming a reviewer at Furtherfield and wish to
know more about how to join the crew, please contact marc garrett -
marc.garrett at furtherfield.org

Note: Please do not reply unless you are sure that you are definitely
interested.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|>

Other Info:

A living, breathing, thriving networked neighbourhood...

We are on Twitter
http://twitter.com/furtherfield

Other reviews/articles/interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield - online media arts community, platforms for creating,
viewing, discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

HTTP Gallery - physical media arts Gallery (London).
http://www.http.uk.net

Netbehaviour - an open email list community engaged in the process of
sharing and actively evolving critical approaches, methods and ideas
focused around contemporary networked media arts practice.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

Furtherfield Blog - shared space for personal reflections on media art
practice.
http://blog.furtherfield.org

VisitorsStudio - real-time, multi-user, online arena for creative 'many
to many' dialogue, networked performance and collaborative polemic.
http://www.visitorsstudio.org/x.html

Furthernoise -  an online platform for the creation, promotion,
criticism and archiving of innovative cross genre music and sound art
for the information & interaction of the public and artists alike.
http://www.furthernoise.org