[spectre] (fwd) SUMU artist-in-residence program: call for media artists

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Thu Sep 17 15:58:30 CEST 2009

.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arte ry / Titanik <<mailto:arte at saunalahti.fi>arte at saunalahti.fi>
Date: 2009/9/1
Subject: SUMU artist-in-residence program: call for applications

Call for Applications - Deadline 30 September 2009
Arte Association's Artists' Residency SUMU
<https://www.arte.fi/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arte.fi>http://www.arte.fi

ARTISTS? RESIDENCY SUMU

Arte Association's Artists' Residency SUMU offers one- to three-month
residencies in 2010 to new media artists, working
in the intersection of new media, new
technologies and contemporary art.

The residence is located in Turku, in the
Southwestern coast of Finland. Artists are
provided with free accommodation and studio, and
a possibility of exhibiting their work either in
Sumu's studio which is adjoined to Arte's gallery
Titanik, or on Sumu's website. The artists must
fund all their living expenses including food and
transportation. Arte can help the artists with
material costs up to 200 euros depending on the
application.

More information:
<https://www.arte.fi/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arte.fi>http://www.arte.fi

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

Please prepare an individual submission, including:
-        project plan (short, clear & realistic, max one page)
-        short artists' statement (max one page)
-        CV (max one page)
-        DVD / CD including a maximum of 10 minutes worth of samples in PC
format
-        samples of recent work as print-outs (3 - 5 pieces)

The submissions will not be returned. E-mail or
internet applications are not accepted, only
submissions sent by mail are processed. Deadline
30th of September is a postmark date.

The proposal can also include an exhibition
either in the studio space or on our website at
the end of the residency.

--------
NOTE! OBS! NORDIC ARTISTS!
We will invite 2-4 artists for 1 or 2 months
residency periods from the Nordic countries
(except Finland) in addition to our normal
residencies during 2010. This Nordic program is
sponsored by Nordic Culture Point. Artists, who
were born or live permanently in the Nordic
countries, can send us their applications and
project plans for whole year of 2010 by 30th
September 2009. The stipend includes
accommodation, work space, daily allowance,
material money and travelling costs within
reasonable limits. See the application
requirements above.
---------

Please send your completed submission by mail to:
Gallery Titanik / Sumu AIR
Itäinen Rantakatu 8
20700 Turku
Finland

Deadline September 30th,  2009 (postmark).

Session dates for international programme: from
July 11th to December 31st, 2010.

For further information please visit our website,
<http://www.arte.fi>www.arte.fi or Res  Artis
website,
<http://www.resartis.org>www.resartis.org, or
contact:

Paula Väinämö
Residencies Coordinator, Arte
tel. +358 2 2338 372
sumu at arte.fi

SUMU  Artist-in-residence program, Itäinen Rantakatu 8, 20700 Turku,
Finland ? tel. +358 (0)2 233 8372
<http://www.arte.fi>www.arte.fi <mailto:sumu at arte.fi>sumu at arte.fi

ps: Pls, fwd, tnx!