[spectre] Seoul: Devices that Alter Perception (DAP 2010) call for papers!

stephen kovats kovats at transmediale.de
Sun Aug 8 14:55:53 CEST 2010

-----------------------------

Devices that Alter Perception (DAP 2010) call for papers
13th of October, 2010, Seoul, Korea in conjunction with the IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR 2010).

Sensors, actuators, implants, wearable computers, and neural interfaces can do more than simply observe our bodies: these devices can also alter and manipulate our perceptions. This workshop will promote the design and critique of systems whose explicit purpose is to alter human percepts. Participants will be asked to present abstracts, images, videos and demonstrations that focus on devices that shape perceptual phenomena. The goals of the workshop are to: (1) document an emerging field of device design;   (2) facilitate the development of these devices by sharing designs; (3) better understand the process of perception and how it informs the design of devices; and (4) debate the aesthetics, perceptual change, social and ethical issues as well as functional transformation the presented works envision for the future.

More info at:
http://devices-alter.me/10/

plain text CfP:
http://devices-alter.me/10/cfp_dap2010.txt

ISMAR info:
http://ismar10.org/index.php/Main_Page

-----------------------------

forwarded on behalf of Jussi Ängeslevä <jussi.angesleva at iki.fi> for spectre distribution

greetings,

stephen

artistic director
transmediale.11 |  1 - 6 feb 2011
festival for art and digital culture berlin

** Extended Deadline for Open Web Award 2011: Aug. 10, 2010 **
http://www.transmediale.de/en/awards2011

Beijing / Today Art Museum:
'Stadt am Rande' Aug 15. - 29, 2010
http://tiny.cc/7z9ck

klosterstr. 68 - 10179 berlin - germany
fon +49 30 24749 761 fax +49 30 24749 763
http://www.transmediale.de
http://twitter.com/transmediale
facebook: transmediale

kulturprojekte berlin gmbh
aufsichtsratsvorsitzender volker heller
geschäftsführer moritz van dülmen
amtsgericht berlin charlottenburg, HRB 41312 B