[spectre] Vague Terrain 16: Architecture/Action

Greg J. Smith greg.smith at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 17 19:44:28 CET 2010

Announcing Vague Terrain 16: Architecture/Action

The latest of edition of Vague Terrain presents a timely and nuanced
consideration of ubiquitous computing. Guest curated by the American
artist/programmer Joshua Noble, the issue provides a window into the
practices of several leading researchers. Given the arrival of
gestural interfaces and preliminary deployments of augmented reality
technology and "intelligent" architecture, it is an important moment
for thinking about the relationship between technology and the body.
Noble on this current milieu: "All technologies reshape the body and
the space around the body, from the bow and arrow to the steam engine
to the telephone. It may be that we are beginning to truly see how
computing and ubiquitous devices will once again reshape our bodies
and our conceptions of ourselves in space."

The issue features text, interview and project contributions from:
Jonah Brucker-Cohen, Golan Levin, Pierre Proske, Mark Shepard and
Marilena Skvara.

To view the issue please visit: http://vagueterrain.net/journal16

Greg J. Smith & Neil Wiernik
http://vagueterrain.net