[spectre] BLAZING A TRAIL: NEW CULTURAL JOURNEYS COMMISSIONS

Jennifer Stoddart jennifer.stoddart at folly.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 10:59:17 CET 2010

New Cultural Journeys is inviting proposals for creative projects that will 'Blaze a Trail' across Lancashire and the Fylde Coast, UK, between March and September 2010.

New Cultural Journeys is an ambitious youth led culture and sport participation programme for Lancashire and the Fylde Coast that is part of WE PLAY, the North West cultural legacy programme for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

The theme of the programme is Routes and Trails, making new connections between people and places, sport and arts and physical and virtual worlds in the lead up to 2012.

Working with young people aged 13 - 19 from across the region, we are seeking to commission 5 creative projects along the theme of Routes and Trails. We are looking for ideas that will excite, surprise and engage residents and visitors to Lancashire and the Fylde Coast, creating opportunities for people of all ages to take part in voyages of discovery both outdoor and online.

Fees for each commission are in the range of £5 -10K with the opportunity of future further investment for the most successful and innovative ideas.

We are inviting applications from artists and designers who work with digital and creative technology.

Collaborative proposals and regional, national and international applications welcome

For a full brief, including information about the individual commissions and how to apply, please email: sara.domville at lancashire.gov.uk

The closing date for proposals is 29th January 2010

New Cultural Journeys is a partnership project between Lancashire County Council, Creative Lancashire and Blackpool Council and is part of WE PLAY.

WE PLAY is a Legacy Trust UK project, led by the Arts Council England Northwest, on behalf of a new regional partnership.