[spectre] The Influencers - Barcelona, february 4-6

alt.bani at gmail.com alt.bani at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:12:29 CET 2010

* The Influencers *

Art, communication guerrilla, radical entertainment
Presentations, screenings, workshops, actions
A project by Bani Brusadin, Eva & Franco Mattes a.k.a.
0100101110101101.ORG

February 4 - 6, 2010
Center of Contemporary Culture - Barcelona, Spain
http://TheInfluencers.org

With the participation of:

The Yes Men
ZEVS
James Acord
Donkijote
Black Label Bike Club
Joan Leandre a.k.a. Retroyou
Critical Art Ensemble

The Influencers is a three day think-tank that tackles the potential
of non conventional communication in contemporary society. We are
interested in exploring the hybrid zones wherein autonomous
experiments and mainstream culture blend and collapse into one
another. Projects that stem out of a deeply rooted do-it-yourself
attitude, even when they develop into complex, large scale projects.

Since 2004, The Influencers has been gathering a limited but
carefully selected number of diverse projects. This 6th installment
makes no exception: celebrity pranksters (with a cause), tactical
media artists, computer games modders, hi-tech donkeys, extreme
bicycling gangs, atomic sculptors, ads' kidnappers, and media
transformers will come together for three long evenings to present,
discuss, and perform their work. Whether they are art works or life
long projects, or just weird ideas one came up with, these practices
are fed by a visionary taste for weirdness and desire for social change.

Unlike other festivals, The Influencers has no theme, but if you are
looking for threads to string stories together, this time you will
encounter at least a couple. First, examples of mind ecologies, life
after dumb consumerism, DIY survival strategies for after the brands
feast is over. Second, risky and dangerous narratives. Those risks
that you take on when you force physical, aesthetical, legal, and
political boundaries of our society, and challenge collective
imagination to desire the unthinkable. We want to show that taking
risks is possible, never easy, frequently fun, and always very
instructive.

The detailed program is available at http://theinfluencers.org/en/
festival/2010/program
For press inquiries, please contact Cristina Diaz:
cristina at theinfluencers.org