[spectre] extended deadline call for applications new project The Patching Zone

Anne Nigten Anne at patchingzone.net
Sun Jun 6 16:02:32 CEST 2010

The Patchingzone is a transdisciplinary laboratory for innovation where Master, doctor, post-doc students and professionals from different backgrounds create meaningful content. In our laboratories the students and researchers work together, supervised by experts, on commissions with creative use of high-tech materials, digital media and / or information technology.

The Patching Zone invites motivated students to participate in a new project, starting September 2010, deadline for applications June 30th:
 Digital Art Lab location: Zoetermeer (The Hague area)

Research question:
What should the new art courses for the digital generation look like ?

In co-operation with the Centrum voor Kunst en Cultuur -Centre for Arts and Culture- (CKC) and The City Council in Zoetermeer
This project encompasses a hands-on training for educators of the CKC given by our student team and their supervisors. The project focuses on the connection with young people, the digital generation, and aims to provide them with a digital art lab in the former theatre space of CKC. The training will be built around small digital projects and will finally result in the realization of a cross-media performance, all in close collaboration with the staff of the centre and the users. We will research peer 2 peer learning experiences and generate new ideas for the digital CKC courses in the near future. The project wants explicitly to appeal to the group of young people that are already using digital media and therefore encourages web based, gaming and an augmented reality approach. Apart from the hands-on practice we also aim to deliver a blueprint for art and culture centres 2.0. Students with a background in performing arts, music, education, gaming, peer2peer learning, augmented reality and media studies are especially encouraged to apply.
Runtime: September 2010 through September 2011, applications for 1 or 2 semesters accepted. We offer an internship fee and free housing for Master and PhD students. For application forms, http://www.patchingzone.net/

The Patchingzone, Postal address: Postbus 29088, 3001 GB  Rotterdam (NL), tel. +31 (0) 623930823  kvk #24414318 http://patchingzone.net  http://go-for-it-rotterdam.nl http://recycle-x.patchingzone.net

Workspace Big South: Roentgenstraat 20 ( new address!) Workspace Recycle X: Voorstraat 183, Dordrecht