[spectre] V2_Newsletter April 2010

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Tue Mar 23 11:24:27 CET 2010

V2_Newsletter, April 2010

At V2_, April is all about "The World in a Shell", an ambitious project
by artist Hans Kalliwoda, which we are presenting in partnership with
the Netherlands Architecture Institute (NAi). We invite you to the
official opening from 5 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 27, outside the
NAi. You are also very welcome to take part in the seminar, workshop and
special city walk we are organizing in conjunction with the exhibition.

The World in a Shell Program:

Exhibition
March 27-April 18, 10:00-17:00
(Sunday 11:00-17:00)
Outside the NAi, Museumpark 25, Rotterdam
Admission: free

The World in a Shell is a high-tech container that can be converted
into a museum, cinema or laboratory. The container is completely
self-sufficient and will serve as Hans Kalliwoda’s home for the next
five years, taking him to eleven UNESCO World Heritage sites. During the
trip, Kalliwoda will organize cultural projects for and with local
populations.

http://www.v2.nl/events/world-in-a-shell

Seminar
"Art-Architecture-Science Collaboration in Sustainability"
April 1, 19:30
V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam
Admission: € 7,50 RSVP: joris at v2.nl
With: Ute Meta Bauer (MIT), Robert Zwijnenberg (University of Leiden),
Han Brezet (Technical University Delft), Hans Kalliwoda.

In this seminar, we will conduct an in-depth exploration of
interdisciplinary collaborative projects like /The World in a Shell/
that involve artists, architects and scholars. Is sustainability an
ideal in art? How can artistic and scholarly research enhance each other
in this area? And are these forms of collaboration themselves sustainable?

http://www.v2.nl/events/world-in-a-shell-seminar

Workshop
"The Power of Logic vs. The Logic of Power"
April 2, 10:00-18:00
Museumpark 25, Rotterdam
Admission: € 20,00 or € 15,00 in combination with the seminar,
RSVP: joris at v2.nl
With: Ion Sørvin (N55), Anne Romme

For one day, The World in a Shell will be the site of an ideal
autonomous society. The workshop leaders will build a bakery in the
container for the occasion. As the group collectively bakes bread the
old-fashioned way, existing power structures will be made the subject of
debate.

http://www.v2.nl/events/world-in-a-shell-workshop

Urban Adventure
"A Walk in the Invisible City"
April 9, 16:00-18:00
Admission: € 5,00, RSVP: joris at v2.nl
With: Petr Kazil, Wilfried Hou Je Bek

Urban explorer Petr Kazil gets a kick out of discovering special public
spaces no one knows about or goes to. For this occasion, he will combine
forces with psychogeographer Wilfried Hou Je Bek, who has a reputation
for carrying out original city explorations during which he conducts
bizarre experiments.

http://www.v2.nl/events/world-in-a-shell-urban-adventure