[spectre] transmediale 2012 and into the future!

stephen kovats kovats at transmediale.de
Tue Nov 9 20:08:37 CET 2010

Dear friends and spectrites,

as many of you already now, I will be leaving transmediale after my fourth and next edition - 'RESPONSE : ABILITY', which will open Feb 01, 2011 in Berlin!

Today we have the distinct pleasure to announce that Kristoffer Gansing will take up transmediale for the 2012 edition of the festival (and hopefully beyond, if the funding stars are well aligned)!

Kristoffer is a cultural producer and media researcher based usually in Copenhagen and Malmö, whose PhD project, “Transversal Media Practices” at the K3 School of Arts and Communication (Malmö University) explored the increasing hybridization of old and new media technologies in media art and network culture. Recently he was director of The Art of the Overhead, the world's only festival devoted to the Overhead projector. Concerned with the intersections of media culture, art and everyday life, Kristoffer has also been active as a writer since 1999, contributing to international journals and books including “Sarai Reader 05: Bare Acts”, “Online Territories” and “Place Studies in Art, Media, Science and Technology”.

I look forward to passing on the great transmediale tradition to Kristoffer, and to seeing him and everybody else who can make it to Berlin in February for what is shaping up to be a great festival!

With greetings to all,

Stephen!
PS# Don't forget to vote and give feedback for transmediale and drumbeat's new Open Web Award! Check out the finalists #thimbl, #booki and #GML at:
<https://www.drumbeat.org/open-web-award-finalists-voting>

artistic director
transmediale.11 |  1 - 6 feb 2011
RESPONSE : ABILITY
festival for art and digital culture berlin

**Early bird tickets on sale beginning November 10**

Open Web Award - Vote now!
https://www.drumbeat.org/open-web-award-finalists-voting

Free Culture Incubator Workshop series on now:
http://www.transmediale.de/content/workshop-no-2-open-nov-27th-betahaus

transmediale festival archive 1997 - 2009 BETA online!
http://archive.transmediale.de/

Celebrate Marshall McLuhan's 100th in 2011!
http://www.transmediale.de/en/beyond/McLuhan-2011

Collaborative Futures Book 2 out now!
http://collaborative-futures.org/

klosterstr. 68 - 10179 berlin - germany
fon +49 30 24749 761 fax +49 30 24749 763
http://www.transmediale.de
http://twitter.com/transmediale
facebook: transmediale

kulturprojekte berlin gmbh
aufsichtsratsvorsitzender volker heller
geschäftsführer moritz van dülmen
amtsgericht berlin charlottenburg, HRB 41312 B