[spectre] Share Festival 2010 - Smart Mistakes - Exhibitions

Share Festival info at toshare.it
Wed Oct 27 16:01:08 CEST 2010

MailForce

Newsletter 10.27.2010
Share Festival 2010 - Sm_Art Mistakes Exhibition and Special Project 2010

Dear Share Festival friends,

this year, alongside the Share Prize, which we have already mentioned, the festival will be featuring the thematic exhibition Sm_Art Mistakes and the Special Project 2010 R.I.O.T. - Reality Is Out There by Les Liens Invisibles, both curated by Simona Lodi and on show at the Regional Museum of Natural Science.

The title of this year's Share Festival and the thematic exhibition is Sm_Art Mistakes - an oxymoron, the encounter or collision of two diametrically opposed concepts, which encapsulates the role of mistakes in cultural processes. It is error that ultimately stimulates creativity - because perfection leaves no room for improvement. Error has truly unique creative power, as it represents the emergence of a problem. Whether technological, biological or tied up with chance discovery, mistakes are pointers to what requires attention, which in turn elicits controversy, while it is controversy that generates solutions and innovation.
The exhibition Sm_Art Mistakes presents a selection of art works and events that fall within this vast topic of enquiry. The exhibition is divided into three areas of dysfunction, broadening our minds and focusing our attention on the relationship between humans and machines, on technological and natural errors, and on chance, unexpected discovery. Within this conceptual framework, recent works were selected by artists that use innovative languages, representing art in today's digital and global age. It is the fine line between error, mistake and strokes of genius that should inspire us.
The following artists will be featured in the exhibition: 0100101110101101.org, Alterazioni Video, Cory Arcangel, Michele Bazzana, Harm van den Dorpel, Dextro, JoDi, Lia, Miguel Carvalhais, Alison Mealey, Rosa Menkman, Nullsleep, Ant Scott, Mark Shepard and Stelarc.

Les Liens Invisibles accepted this year's invitation to prepare the Special Project 2010 with their usual creative cheekiness, producing a work specially designed for the 6th Share Festival.
The meaning of the work lies in its title R.I.O.T. - Reality Is Out There. This time round it is augmented reality that is in the artists' sights, or rather that which augmented reality promises.
The city of Turin has been invaded by imaginary installations that will take up their posts in key spots around town. Visitors are invited to go out and track down the virtual sculptures, visible only through a reality browser, available for the most widely used smartphone platforms (iPhone and Android).
The game is essentially a digital hunt around town with the aim of reclaiming public space, played out on the streets, in the squares and around monuments and buildings.

Go to the Programme http://www.toshare.it/?page_id=2849&lang=en

Go to Special Project 2010 http://www.toshare.it/?page_id=2923&lang=en

--
Io utilizzo la versione gratuita di SPAMfighter. Siamo una comunità di 6 milioni di utenti che combattono lo spam.
Sino ad ora