[spectre] VT Audio Editions

Greg J. Smith greg.smith at utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 21 01:27:50 CEST 2010

We are excited to announce VT Audio Editions, a new venture that we've
been working on for the last few months. Curated by VT managing editor
Neil Wiernik, the project will program an ongoing series of free,
experimental releases that sit outside the standard EP and single
format. Neil's concise mission statement for the project:

"Focusing on the aural art genres that we have featured from the very
start of our publication, VT Audio Editions invites artists to create
a longer piece of audio/music content between 20 and 60 minutes in
length. These submissions could be a composed work, a live studio
session or a concert recording. Each Audio Edition will include a
statement and biographic information on the participating artist"

The first release is a Lynchian, smouldering ambient piece by
Michigan-based composer Matt Borghi and saxophonist Michael Teager.
You can listen/download here:
http://vagueterrain.net/audio-editions/01

Future releases will appear here: http://vagueterrain.net/audio-editions

Greg J. Smith