[spectre] Re: (fwd) Sign the Petition: Release Ai Weiwei

pelin tan pelintan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 05:13:27 CEST 2011

I feel, the foundation of  the argument about either not supporting Ai
Weiwei or  the campaign of the western elite art institutions will totally
lead nowhere. there is something problematic  here.

writers, artists or other cultural producers who live in such countries as
China (or Turkey where I live) are aware that you can be arrested any time
for any reason (tax issue or else) if the "deep state" wants. or they will
assassinate you. this is an everyday reality that is always in our head.

but you continue to write and produce against "deep state".
what to do.

(I guess  ai weiwei is totally aware of the conditions, and I dont think he
would care for the petitions. I saw him in a live documentary how he
disturbs the polices hours and hours,non-stop. I think he is a total crazy
guy or artist).

regards,
p.

--
---
Pelin Tan (MA, Ph.D.)

pelintan at mit.edu, office: + 617 253-7995
Postdoc Research Fellow.
Program of  Art, Culture and Technology
School of Architecture and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

20 Ames Street, E15-212, Wiesner Building
Cambridge, MA 02139

www.tanpelin.blogspot.com
www.yagmurboreg.blogspot.com
www.slowfoodanadolu.com <http://www.slowfoodanadolu.com/>