[spectre] // The State of Art //

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Aug 4 18:42:58 CEST 2011

Hey amigo, thanks for sharing this. I have a few ideas of my own about
these developments... namely that less/no funding may actually force
artists to make their own work again instead of subcontracting it out to
hired labor while bringing about the death of the artist as hands-clean
conceptual engineer and cultural manager, the end of Damien Hirst-esque
big-budget hi-tech spectacle, and maybe even the return of "craft" over
"concept"... But I haven't given nearly enough shape to these thoughts
yet. Your assessment is a good starting point for these meditations,
however.

Cheers!
Derek