[spectre] Re: // The State of Art

Matze Schmidt matze.schmidt at n0name.de
Thu Aug 4 22:12:18 CEST 2011

> that the state
> must support the arts

Interesting issue. I suggest to take a look at the producers of Emmental
cheese in Switzerland. Due to the escape of investors from unsafe
currencies such as Dollar and Euro -- due to 'oh, so horrible' state
debts, which are a kind of final phase of the economical crisis -- to
the Swiss franc market (investors buy, Swiss banks and others sell) the
price for this currency increases (the 'game' of supply and demand). So
Emmental cheese becomes too expensive for the export. And hear what
these Emmental producers justifiably (?) have to say: "We are about to
loose this culture of Emmental cheese" ((News, ARD, German Television 1,
August 4, 2011).

Absurd question? What's the difference of a state driven cultural
critique-production called art compared to cheese called tradition and
culture?

Matze Schmidt