[spectre] Rollin Leonard at the WAG - Widget Art Gallery. Dec 07 until Jan 08-2012

Chiara Passa chiarapassa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:27:15 CET 2011

Dear friends,

I'm glad to share with you the Rollin Leonard's exhibition at the WAG
- Widget Art Gallery, for IPhone, IPod and IPad. Dec. 07 until Jan. 08-2012.

Hope you'll enjoy it, Kind Regards, Chiara

About the exhibition: 'Greek latex bust'

Nearly a decade ago I was visiting the Cleveland Art Museum when I
wandered into a room of Greek and Roman stone busts.  Nearby there
were obnoxious, neoclassical busts of US presidents. I had the idea to
make replicas of these important-looking artifacts out of latex and
make them jiggle with an internal motor. I never got around to doing
that, but after looking at WAG's space I was reminded of my plan to
animate the busts. This project is the outcome of that idea.
rollinleonard.com

About the WAG:

The “WAG” is nano virtual gallery-room I developed for IPhone, IPod
Touch and I Pad. Every month, directly on your mobile, The “WAG” hosts
a solo digital art exhibition related to the dynamic site-specific
contest. For IPhone and IPod touch, just copy this url
http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag/mobile/ in Safari and choose: “add to
home” and The WAG's icon will be saved on your IPhone. Do the same for
IPad but past this other URL:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/, or download the widget
version for Mac osx dashboard at:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/publicart.html
Previous exhibitions at: http://the-widget-art-gallery.blogspot.com/
PS. If you have already saved on your mobile the WAG's icon, remember
to empties the Safari chace, in order to see the new exhibition.

--
Chiara Passa
chiarapassa at gmail.com
http://www.chiarapassa.it