[spectre] Cyberspace Is Our Land: 20 Digital Years Plus.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Feb 11 16:03:32 CET 2011

Sorry for any cross posting...

Cyberspace Is Our Land: 20 Digital Years Plus.

Review Rob Myers
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews/cyberspace-our-land-20-digital-years-plus

20 Digital Years Plus
Station Rose
Nurnberg 2010
ISBN 9783869841113

The Digital Art of Station Rose started in Vienna in 1988, at a time
when the Web still was far beyond mainstream, when Mondo 2000 never had
heard about the music genre "Techno", when future net-art-critics still
mostly were university students, and when the Iron Curtain was
surrounding Austria´s east, south east and north border.

Station Rose have produced an artist's book which delivers a current
description of the situation of media art from 1988, when the studio was
founded, until 2010. During the early days of the Internet Station Rose
developed a language that could function within this ephemeral,
immediate and permanently changing medium. The team coined terms and
keywords such as 'Cyberspace is our Land', 'Nature is Cool', 'Digital
Bohème' and made virulent artistic and social conditions discernable.
The book offers not only the context in which the team was working but
features audio-visual works, performances, installations and (pre)Web2.0
activities and linkings.

————>

Other Info:

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood - proud of free
culture - claiming it with others ;)

http://www.furtherfield.org/

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield

Reviews, articles, interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/features

Furtherfield Lab/Space/Gallery – physical media arts Gallery (London)
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/exhibitions

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists email list Community.
http://www.furtherfield.org/netbehaviour