[spectre] Visit our new website & watch the new short film about Furtherfield by Pete Gomes.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Jan 28 17:48:25 CET 2011

Sorry for any cross posting...

Furtherfield's New Website

Our brand new media arts website provides new ways for you to visit and
get involved :-)

We believe that through creative and critical engagement with practices
in art and technology people are inspired and enabled to become active
co-creators of their cultures and societies.

http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield - a Short Film by Pete Gomes.
http://www.furtherfield.org/projects/furtherfield-short-film-pete-gomes

Film and video artist Pete Gomes has created a new film about the
artist-led online community Furtherfield. Featuring interviews with
Furtherfield co-directors Ruth Catlow and Marc Garret as well as
artists, techies, games theorists and users of Furtherfield platforms,
the short film captures a dynamic networking collective working across
technology, social change and art.

"The generation of artists who first encountered the internet inevitably
all came from other disciplines. The desire to explore this new medium
shifted them away from making products and the commercial art markets
towards looking at information and organisation, influenced by an
interest in systems thinking and cybernetic ideas. This short shows
Furtherfield has continued those early approaches and begins a process
of attempting to explain those ideas." - Pete Gomes

About Furtherfield
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about