[spectre] dorkcamp, lake district, 18-21 August 2011

alex alex at slab.org
Wed Jul 27 17:03:12 CEST 2011

Dear all,

If you haven't heard of dorkbot, we are a loose group of people "doing
strange things with electricity", around a broad definition of
electronic art.  There are dozens of dorkbot chapters around the
world, including many around the UK:
 http://dorkbot.org/

As well as holding informal regular meetings where two or three people
present their work, we hold an annual national dorkcamp.  This year
it's in the Lake District and there's still some places left:
 http://dorkbotlondon.org/wiki/index.php/DorkCamp11

We've booked a nice place close to Penrith, an easy train trip from
most places including London.  There's outdoor camping and an indoor
town hall.

Tickets available now, only £30 including food and camping spot.

It's going to be a good one, lots of workshops already planned
including plenty of soldering and knitting.  See the wiki for details
and feel free to add your own ideas for presentations, performances
and workshops.

  http://dorkbotlondon.org/wiki/index.php/DorkCamp11

Best wishes,

alex