[spectre] Collage, mash-up, remix: screening

GILLIAN MCIVER gillian at london.com
Fri Mar 11 12:19:08 CET 2011

Collage, mash-up, remix

However you describe it, it's about taking something that exists already in the culture: an image, a clip, a piece of sound, and transforming it, recombining it, subverting it, changing its meaning or using it to make a point. It's about exploring the vast remnants and detritus of culture, which we find scattered all around us.

In April, Studio 75 will present a screening of short films and video art that involve some or more elements of collage, mash-up or remix.

Please submit works of not more than 15 mins to Studio 75 by emailing the link to an online screener to info at studio75.org.uk. If selected, we will ask for a high quality download or a screener DVD.  For longer submissions please contact us with details.

Please do have a look at:
RiP: A Remix Manifesto | http://vimeo.com/8040182

"Everything is art. Everything is politics. You can call it art or non-art, I don't give a damn"- Ai Weiwei
GILLIAN MCIVER
http://www.studio75.org.uk
http://www.artsite.org.uk