[spectre] New podcast: MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Mark Gergis. Deleted scenes

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:11:00 CET 2011

*New podcast: MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Mark Gergis. Deleted
scenes*

Link: http://bit.ly/uzC9GZ

*MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH…* seeks to break through to unearth
and reveal private collections of music and sound memorabilia. It is a
historiography of sound collecting that reveals the unseen and passionate
work of the amateur collector while reconstructing multiple parallel
histories such as the evolution of recording formats, archiving issues, the
collecting market and the evolution of musical styles beyond the
marketplace.

Each episode in the series is accompanied by an additional programme
featuring an exclusive music selection by each of the collectors.* *In this
new podcast, we dig up some unreleased fragments of the interview with
sound collector Mark Gergis that we were unable to include the first time
around.

*
00:00* - As loud as possible

*01:27* – The videos' aesthetic

*03:03* – Releasing 500 hundred cassettes to keep your name alive

*05:28* - Technology as a virus

*07:19* - The music industry is dirty worldwide

*09:27* - Experimental music out of context (Syria)

*12:17* - Digital music in the Middle East

+ info:
*>>*MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Mark Gergis. Part I (Podcast):
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia_mark_gergis/capsula
*>>*MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Mark Gergis. Part II (Podcast):
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia_mark_gergis_collection/capsula
*>>*MP3 of Mark Gergis' lecture (MP3):
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/twitter/memorabilia_mark_gergis.mp3
*>>*Conversation with Mark Gergis (PDF):
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/memorabilia_mark_gergis_conversation/capsula

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Radio_Web_MACBA