[spectre] “The Mc Luhan Perspective: Of Massaging Mind and Media”

venzha christ venzha at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 07:33:11 CEST 2012

http://natural-fiber.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=283:mini-symposium-qthe-mcluhan-perspective-of-massaging-mind-a-mediaq&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

Part of MICRONATION/MACRONATION 2012

“The Mc Luhan Perspective: Of Massaging Mind and Media”

McLuhan went on to describe the emotional rigor and physical
participation television extracts of its audience calling TV a ‘cool
medium’. In the era of the Vietnam war, “a hot shooting war” he notes
that a “cool medium such as TV involves the audience so deeply they
find the war unbearable. Show the same war on press photography etc. and
people won’t feel so badly about it. On TV they feel really involved.”
Revisiting this exchange in the era of cultural convergence that social
media and digital culture creates globally we may ask today which
medium has gained the emotional and reactive foreground of our
participation as an audience?

Speaker:
Steven Kovats
Nina Czegledy
Alessandro Ludovico
David Teh
Enin Supriyanto

http://natural-fiber.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=283:mini-symposium-qthe-mcluhan-perspective-of-massaging-mind-a-mediaq&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

venzha
the house of natural fiber
yogyakarta new media art laboratory (HONF)
Jl.wora wari A80/6
Baciro - Yogyakarta
Indonesia
T : +62 (0) 817468621